Chapter 35 - Honeymoon, Part 2 (Mature)

The next day, we picked up the kids from Halmeoni's and met Nikki for lunch. She was glowing. I had not seen her this happy or relaxed since before her husband passed. She hugged the kids tight and they were chattering non-stop about "IM's grandmother". Halmeoni had told them stories, probably the same ones she shared with me. They had looked at family photo albums, and they had watched movies. Halmeoni had spoiled them with treats and lots of love. Their real grandparents lived far away so they didn't get this kind of treatment often. They ate it up.

Nikki got a little flustered when Tori innocently mentioned that she thought Changkyun liked her mom. She quickly tried to change the subject, but I saw how her face flushed. I definitely needed to hear these details, but now was not the time. She saw me looking at her and nodded, letting me know that a full report would follow. I acknowledged with a wink.

Minhyuk saw the exchange and looked at me with a puzzled look. He hated to be left out of the loop, so I whispered in his ear that Nikki would be telling me about her date later. He looked shocked and asked if I had told her about any of ours. I just winked and gave him my sexy smile, "what, like you guys don't share stories?" He blushed a little and smiled that sideways smile that makes my knees buckle.

We took the kids to Namsan tower one last time before we headed to the airport. While they were at the observation areas, Minhyuk and I went to find our lock. It was still there, but it was almost covered already. The breeze was quite chilly up that high in the sky, so he stood behind me and wrapped me in his coat. I leaned my head back against him and he kissed my forehead.

Just then we noticed one of the fansites lurking with her camera. She waved as she ran off, but she had already gotten her treasure. I expected to see that posted within the hour. Minhyuk wasn't bothered though. He said he was happy for the fans to see us together, because he was happy.

Minhyuk had gotten a larger company van for the day so we could all fit. Changkyun and Joohoney came along for the ride. Kyunnie sat in the very back with Nikki and the kids were in the middle with the rest of us so they could see everything outside. Min and Honey pointed out some interesting things on the way to keep their attention off their mom. I smiled to myself when I realized what they were doing.

I glanced back and Changkyun was whispering something in Nikki's ear and she giggled quietly. He pushed a strand of hair back behind her ear and slowly ran his finger along her jaw as he brought his hand down. It made me happy to see her like this. I didn't know where that was going, or if it was going anywhere, but it was good for her.

We arrived at the airport and the five of us got out of the car while they stayed in for a moment. We distracted the kids for another moment while the two lovebirds said goodbye. Thankfully, the van had privacy curtains so no one could see them. Minhyuk knocked on the side before opening the door to give them a heads up. Nikki and Changkyun got out of the van acting perfectly normal. We did not want to kick up a dating scandal, so they were careful to maintain proper distance while in public view.

We unloaded all the luggage, and the kids gave the rappers goodbye hugs. They got in the van and began to drive off. Nikki watched for a few seconds and then turned back to the kids who were still buzzing. They were so keyed up from their trip that it was easy to get caught up in it. I squeezed her arm and smiled at her, letting her know that I understand. She smiled and nodded back. Our gates were at different sides of the airport, so we had to split off once inside. Tori started crying when she told me goodbye, but I reminded her that I would be coming to visit in a few months and promised we would spend as much time together as possible then. Min and I had intentionally booked our flight around theirs so we could get the most from their visit.