Chapter 27 - Meet The Parents (Mature)

I heard the blood rushing in my ears and felt a panic attack looming. Sensing my impending freak out, Minhyuk stood up and pulled me into his arms. We had talked about meeting his family, but it was more of an abstract idea and because things had moved pretty fast, I had not really been thinking about it. And now I was faced with reality and totally panicking.

I had not had the best relationship with my former in-laws. Okay, I had a horrible relationship with them. Jackass's mother had hated me. She tolerated my presence, only because his father made it a point to keep the peace. Frankly, any woman would have been treated the same in my place. She was not a kind woman and was overly attached to her son. My fear was justified based on my experience.

"Jagi, it is okay. You don't have to be scared," he stroked my hair and held my head to his chest. His heartbeat was strong and steady. My heart was about to fly out of my chest, and my crown started sliding off my head. He reached up and caught it before it fell to the floor.

"What will they think of me, Minhyuk? I am not Korean, or even Asian for that matter. I am a lot older than you, and I am divorced. They are going to hate me! It will be like one of those chaebol dramas!" there I went, spiraling again. He just started laughing and rocking me. The other members tried to help, but this was really Minhyuk's territory.

"But they already love you." I pulled my head back and looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"How..."

"I have been talking about you since the beginning... before the beginning actually. I told my mom about you last year."

"Last year... you mean the concert?? When I gave you that lame little whale?" I was in complete shock now.

"Yes. I fell for you that day, I just did not know how hard yet. I have already told you about that. I told her then that I hoped I could find you again someday. She told me if it were meant to be, I would. And here we are." His smile was so sweet and perfect. My panic faded and I felt my heartbeat begin to return to normal. "And the whale wasn't lame. It was beautiful and means a lot to me," he added with a kiss.

"How can you be so sure? I..." he cut me off with a gentle finger against my lips.

"I just know. I know my family. I have even sent some of our selcas so they can get to know you. Eomma said you are beautiful, and she can't wait to meet the girl that owns her son's heart." That chipped away at my resistance quite a bit. "They learned a long time ago that what they want for me may not be what I want for myself or even what is best for me. They did not support me being a singer at first. Look how that turned out." He smiled and put a finger under my chin to lift my eyes to his. "I love you Sunny-ah. They will love you too." He placed a tiny kiss on my lips and held me close, both arms wrapped around me. I was safe. I was secure. I was home.

The others all chimed in that I was overreacting and that his parents were going to love me. Changkyun came back into the room and jumped in. "What did I miss?" Shownu told him what had happened, and he came over and wrapped his arms around me and Minhyuk. "Noona, you know you two were meant to be. You don't have anything to worry about..." he paused then continued. "Except Hyung's brother might try to steal you." Minhyuk lunged at him and started protesting loudly. Changkyun laughed and ran away looking back at Minhyuk hot on his tail.

"Minjun is married and has a son! How did you forget that?" Minhyuk started after him.

"Mianhae! Mianhae! I was kidding, hyung!" he squealed as Minhyuk caught him and slapped the back of his head. Changkyun pretended to be injured and dropped to the ground dramatically. Minhyuk had no sympathy and kicked him in the butt. Changkyun got up and tried to hug Minhyuk. Now Min was running from Kyunnie. It was quite entertaining to watch them.