Chapter 46 - Southern Nights

The next weeks passed at a painfully slow pace, but it was finally only a few days until I would see my love. I was going a few days ahead of him, which would give me a little time to get over the jetlag, meet with the potential clients, and visit with everyone. My flight was leaving in the afternoon and I made sure for the 15th time that everything was turned off. I checked my luggage one last time to make sure I had everything packed. I mostly needed casual clothes, but I did need at least one work outfit for when I met with the artist candidates. I would be shopping with Melody for a dress for the premier.

My wardrobe had morphed since I moved to Korea. I had very nice clothes, but they were from consignment shops or outlet stores. With our clientele I had to look good, but I did not have the means to buy new, and definitely not the labels Minhyuk wore. I could not afford the brands like Dior, Chanel, Ballenciaga, and Supreme. He likes expensive things.

I finally gave in and let Minhyuk take me clothes shopping. I felt so guilty when I saw the price tags, but he wanted to do it and wouldn't give up. When I really thought about it, I was representing him in a way. So, it made sense for me to wear the brands that he does. This is how I justified it to myself. Plus, the couple outfits he picked out were adorable.

Now, here I stood in jeans that cost more than my car payment. Okay, maybe half a car payment. But still, it was a lot. My Levi's were more comfortable, but my ass looked great in these. At least that is what Min told me when I had tried them on.

I thought about the 14-hour flight ahead of me and rethought my choice of airport fashion. I took off the jeans and slipped on a comfy pair of yoga pants and a fitted t-shirt with a long button up shirt over it. I packed the jeans in my suitcase and hoped it didn't go over the weight restriction. I had goodies for my babies and Nikki as well as a week's worth of clothes and my other supplies in there. I would be able to do laundry at Nikki's before I left with them for the last few stops, so this would be enough. I needed room for all the goodies.

Min arranged for a driver to take me to the airport because he wanted to make sure I had someone watching out for me. There would be the usual "greeting committee" of fans and it was just a precaution. I usually get to work and around town by taxi. I could use a company car and driver, but I didn't feel right about it since I wasn't the idol. This was different though. And Minhyuk wanted me to be safe.

Lobby Security called to let me know that my driver was on his way up. I texted Min that I was about to leave. A couple of minutes later, the doorbell rang. I opened the door and there stood Jun! I squealed and he smiled. I hugged him and told him it was good to see him. He helped me with my luggage, and we took the elevator down to the parking garage. I had my sunglasses and hat at the ready. The wheels of my suitcase echoed on the concrete as we exited the elevator and walked to the car. It was an uneventful walk, thankfully. You never know where fans and sasaengs will show up, and I have learned to be on guard.

Jun and I chatted the whole way to the airport. He had broken up with his girlfriend since we had last talked. He said it was for the best because he learned that she was with him because of his connection to idols. I got really angry at this girl I had never met. How dare she treat Junnie this way! He was such a sweet guy with a heart of gold. I was taking it harder than he seemed to be. He laughed at me and said he knew the right girl would come along it time.

We arrived at the airport and he assessed the situation before he let me out. There did not seem to be a crowd gathered, so he got my bags out and I went on my way. I kept the sunglasses on until I was checking my bag. I felt eyes on me and spotted a couple of Min's fansites with their cameras. I waved to them as we walked. Being married to one of the most famous idols and favorite emcees in Korea put me in the public eye. It was uncomfortable, but I was getting used to it.