Chapter 49 - Party Time (Mature)

I was beside him with my legs over his and my head on his shoulder. His arm was around me and his chin was resting on my head. I was absently fingering his necklace as we were talking about what we would do when we got home. The company had given them until the end of the year in the current living quarters and then they would have to move out.

They had been together for so long, that they really didn't know how to live apart. Living just upstairs had made Minhyuk's transition a little easier, but now that would be changing. The idea of buying a large house together had been discussed, and then shot down quickly. Mostly because of me and our future child. Minhyuk said privacy was better for everyone.

The first thing they had to do was find a space for the company, then they would find places to live nearby. It would need to be large enough for practice rooms, recording studios, offices, and all the things that came with running an idol factory. They had put some feelers out looking for a space, but they were also trying to keep it quiet until the tour finished. The rumors had not quelled so they were probably going to have to deal with it sooner than they had planned.

He asked me if I wanted another apartment or a house. I told him that I loved the apartment but having a yard for the kid and dog would be great. I had grown up in a modest neighborhood with a yard that I could play in. My imagination took me on many adventures in that yard. I wanted the same for our son or daughter. I also told him I would love to have a pool.

He hugged me a little tighter and he laughed softly. "I just pictured a tiny, blonde you, playing princess with her stuffed animals."

"How did you know?" I leaned my head back to grin at him.

Tori danced over and told us Bobby was leaving to spend the night with his friend. Bobby introduced the guys to Alex, who was not quite sure how to react. Bobby acted like it was normal to have a world-famous group in your backyard. Alex wanted to fanboy, but I think he was embarrassed to do it in front of Bobby since he was acting so calm. They said goodbye and left. Alex kept looking over his shoulder as they walked to the door. For Bobby, it was not a big deal anymore. Alex did not know how much of a fanboy Bobby was when he first me them, especially over the rapline. But now, Monsta X was family.

SeoYeon called Tori and told her how proud she was and apologized she had not been there. She had 2 employees out, one on vacation and the other was sick. She had to work a very busy night with only one barista. Tori said she understood and told her she could watch the video later.

Tori stayed at Celeste's house very often, and they had planned for her to stay that night. This meant no kids in the house for the night. Tori went to grab her things and Celeste winked at Nikki, who promptly blushed bright red. I wasn't used to seeing her blush. Nikki is one of those people who is very direct and real. She doesn't get flustered easily. That is my job. I am the one who blushes at the least little thing. Seeing her get like this was a rare sight... one that I enjoyed very much.

A couple of moments later, I saw her talking to Kyun. She was twisting her auburn hair around her finger and twisting her body slightly at the waist. A classic flirty maneuver. He smiled and put his hand on her lower back. He pulled her close and whispered in her ear. She giggled and playfully slapped him on the arm. I forced myself to look away, but I wanted to watch them. I had not seen Nikki this happy and relaxed in years. I wanted to see more. I was also dying to know how she answered his question from earlier.

Tori came to give me a hug and say goodnight, overnight bag in hand. As they were leaving, Celeste stopped dead in her tracks at the gate. I heard her say, "what the hell are you doing here?" which, of course, got everyone's attention.