Chapter 45 - Girl Date

Melody called a few days later and noticed I didn't sound very chipper and happy like I normally do.

"Sunny, you sound down. What is wrong?"

"Nothing, really. I just miss him so much. He has been gone three weeks and I can't stand it. This is the first time we have been apart since I moved here."

"Oh, you poor thing! You two are inseparable. I guess this would really be torture."

"Yeah, pretty much! I forgot how hard it was to be separated. After those 2 short weeks together, I had to go home to Atlanta and that was awful. At the time though, I didn't know we would be together again. At least I don't have that to worry about now."

"Are you busy tonight? Why don't we go for those burgers in... where was it? Itaewon?" I was surprised she remembered the name.

"Yes, Itaewon. I don't have any plans later, aside from watching fancams and eating ice cream." I sighed.

"OK then. It is a date! Should I come by the gallery or the apartment?"

"Come by the apartment. I am finished here at the gallery and about to head home."

"Great! I was hoping to see you again before I head back home in a few days. So, I'll see you in an hour?"

"Sure, an hour is good."

I sighed again when I hung up. Melody was beginning to grow on me, but I wasn't sure that I had the energy for her tonight. I had been feeling run-down since Min left. I wasn't sleeping well without him, and it was catching up with me. Things were getting busy at work too. We were ramping up for another exhibition and there was a lot going on. Emma was a rockstar though. Having her there made my job a breeze. I basically just did the face-to-face meetings with new artists and management companies, and I did the negotiations. I had become very dependent on her.

When I got home, I just wanted to hang out in my garden and pout. But since Melody was on her way, I had to keep it together and be a big girl. I changed out of my work clothes and into my favorite comfy jeans, t-shirt, and oversized shirt. I texted Minhyuk that we were going on a girl date and he sent me a selca of himself at sound check. He was a little sweaty, bare-faced, and sexy as hell. I sent him one back from the bathroom mirror, blowing him a kiss.

Melody showed up in an hour, just like she said. The girl was prompt, I had to give her that. She was wearing jeans and a gorgeous sheer floral blouse with a camisole underneath... and flats! She was much shorter than I realized, but then I had only seen her in 4-inch heels. She was close to my height, and I am pretty average, if not a little below.

She hugged me like she hadn't seen me in months. "Let's get your mind off missing your man. Come on..." she smiled and held out her hand. I grabbed my purse and slipped on my sneakers. Her driver was waiting for us downstairs. In the car, she started chattering about the movie, Hyun Bin, and all the things that were going on in Hollywood. I really didn't care about those things, but I found myself interested anyway. The power of Melody strikes again.

We enjoyed delicious burgers and then walked around exploring the shops. She wasn't familiar with K-beauty, so I gave her an introductory crash course. She ended up buying all kinds of things to try. We wandered into a store that sold music and official merchandise and she bought several Monsta X CDs. EXO was playing over the speakers and she liked it, so she bought a couple of theirs too. Tori would be proud. I suggested a couple of other groups that I thought she might like, and she added those to her new collection.

The sun was setting, and I offered to take her to see some local nightlife, but she said she would rather hang out at the apartment. That was fine with me because I really just wanted to go home. I was enjoying her company, but my heart just wasn't in the whole nightlife scene.