Chapter 70 - Meet JangMi

I did not know what was happening. There were unfamiliar voices, sounds, and bright lights. I was having a hard time waking up and it was hard to move. Fear set in because the last thing I remembered was trying to stand up and go home. I heard Minhyuk's voice and turned my head to him. I finally got my eyes to cooperate and open. His smile comforted me. As my eyes focused, I saw he was not alone. He was holding a baby... our miracle baby.

I started crying as soon as I saw her. Min brought her close so that I could hold her. I looked at him and he was crying too. Even Dr. Song was crying. She told me my blood pressure had skyrocketed, and they had done an emergency c-section because the baby was in distress. My stomach was stitched up and had to be careful, especially holding the baby. I was to stay in the hospital for 3 days and then she advised bedrest for a few days when I got home. She would have her office call to set up my appointments.

When she left, Min almost crawled into bed with me. "Sunny-ah, I thought I lost you. Don't you ever leave me. Got it? You cannot leave me." He was intense and I was crying already. The realization of what he said made it worse.

Nikki came in and saw us crying, so naturally she started as well. Right behind her were the uncles. Nikki had called Halmeoni, and she and Harabeoji were on their way. A driver was bringing Tori. It was a full house, but I would not have it any other way. This way my family.

The guys each took a turn to meet JangMi. She was a perfectly healthy baby girl with a full head of black hair. She weighed 6 lbs 2oz and was 16 inches long. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life. Minhyuk was beaming.

I was amazed that she had not cried yet. She was not asleep. She was trying to focus on my face. She recognized our voices, and her little head was straining to find us. I gently stroked her tiny cheek, and she moved her mouth toward my finger. She was hungry. A nurse appeared and broke up the party. She cleared the room of everyone except Min and Nikki. She would have had to remove them by force.

She helped me adjust the baby so I could try to breast feed her. She said my milk may not have come in yet and not to panic if nothing happened. JangMi instinctively latched on but got frustrated when nothing came out. I got frustrated too because she was trying really hard, and it hurt. The nurse had brought a back-up bottle with special newborn formula and left the room when Nikki assured her, she would take over.

I covered up and shifted the baby. I put the nipple to her tiny lips, and she began to suckle.

Minhyuk watched in amazement and Nikki looked on with pride. She stepped closer and helped me get myself and baby into a comfortable position. My stomach was hurting where they have cut me open and holding her was difficult. Minhyuk was trying to help too, but there wasn't much for him to do except just be there with us.

Three days later, we went home. He had stayed with me the entire time. Nikki came home at night but was there during the day. She brought a blanket home to let Sherman smell the baby and get used to her scent. I let Minhyuk carry her inside. I was still feeling a little weak and didn't want to take any chances. He set the carrier down inside the door and picked her up. Sherman was ready to meet his sister and his impatient awoo was adorable. JangMi was looking around like she was trying to figure out where she was. She cooed softly when she heard the doggie.

Minhyuk sat on the couch and lowered the baby enough that Sherman could get a good sniff, but not enough that he could get to her. He was not satisfied with that and had a puppy fit. Min laughed and lowered her a little more. Sherman sniffed and nuzzled her. He licked her arm and smiled in his Corgi way, with his tongue sticking out the side of his mouth.

He sat at Minhyuk's feet, waiting for his pets. I sat down beside them and gave him his reward pets. Suddenly, he got agitated and then we smelled something foul moments later. She started to cry, and we took her to her room and changed her. The diaper was rank, and it was like Sherman knew it was coming.