Chapter 30 - Adjustments

We were settling into married life and trying to establish a routine. My schedule was dependent on the workers until the gallery got opened and we started holding evening events, and Minhyuk had a fluctuating and incredibly busy schedule. Some mornings he had to get up very early, other mornings he got up around the same time I did. Those mornings were a little harder to keep on track because he was very playful when he woke up. I really did not get to see him very much except at bedtime and in the mornings.

With dance practice almost every night after filming or recording, it made for late nights and a tired Minhyuk. He was also recording his part of the duet with Melody Reign, so he was in the studio for that. Some nights I just nibbled on leftovers or had ramen, but other nights I would eat dinner with Halmeoni or the other members, when any of them were home. I enjoyed these dinners, but I just wanted to be with Minhyuk.

Monsta X-Ray had been turned into a variety show with the guys all pairing up and taking turns hosting on each episode. They did some skits, interviews, games, all the usual things you expect from an idol variety show, only better because it was Monsta X. I would watch them filming whenever I got the chance. It was great seeing the things that went on behind the scenes. Sometimes they were better than the segments, especially when the guys got a collective case of the giggles.

I got wrapped up early at the gallery one afternoon and decided to surprise him on the set. They had already started filming by the time I got there, so I just hung back and watched. The guests for this episode were from a rookie girl group, Firefly. This group had debuted with an edgy, sexy concept. They were all of age, so that was not an issue... the issue was that one of them was openly flirting with Minhyuk when the cameras were not rolling. I noticed she was even being a bit flirty during filming too, just a bit less obviously.

I was hidden by the set lights, but I had a clear view of Minhyuk. I could see that he was annoyed by her attention. He would pull away when she would try to touch him. He did not return her flirty smiles. He tried to walk away, but she followed him. I was proud to see his reaction especially since he did not know I was there, but the situation made me angry. She was being very disrespectful to him. It was obvious how uncomfortable he was, and it took every bit of restraint I had not to swoop in and pull him away... or punch her. Whichever. They were on set though, so I could not really do anything.

Finally, one of the staff members caught on to what was happening. He called Minhyuk over to give him a chance to escape. When the leech followed him yet again, I could not hold my anger anymore. I took a deep breath and stood up to walk in his direction, not wishing to cause a scene but wanting to rescue my husband. He still had not seen me. As I got closer, I heard her ask him to coach her with her singing. She put her hand on his arm as she looked at him with a seemingly innocent expression. He pulled his arm back quickly, and politely declined. He suggested that she work with her group's vocal coach. She kept pushing and then reached out to touch him again. He was done with her. "Look, I see what you are doing, and I don't appreciate it. I am not going to play your game, so just stop. If you want someone to help your career, you are looking in the wrong place. And you realize I am a married man now, right?" she looked at him with a shocked expression. "Hmm, maybe you didn't... but it doesn't matter. You need to stop."

I stepped around from behind the light and he saw me. His face lit up and he held out his hand for me to come over. I quelled the anger and plastered a forced smile on my face as I went to him.

"Ah, there is my beautiful wife," he introduced me to her. "Sunny-ah, this is one of our guests today, Aria." I bowed politely and we exchanged the standard pleasantries. I saw the contempt in her eyes as she realized she had lost. She flipped her hair and went over to try again with Hyungwon. "Hello, my beautiful wife. I am so very glad to see you." He held my hand and we walked to a side door. He announced over his shoulder to the staff that he would be right back as we went through the door into a long hallway. We slipped inside his dressing room and he closed the door. He pulled me into his arms and held me.