Chapter 51 - End of an Era (Mature)

Our time in Atlanta ended too soon and we headed on to the next cities. Esther and Oli met us in Dallas, and it was so fun hanging out with them. We had a couple of extra days there too, so that Honey could visit with his family. He took them shopping and the rest of us did our own thing. When we weren't shopping with them, Min and I were at the hotel... in our room.

Then it was Los Angeles and the final stop of the tour. We also had the movie premier to attend after the last show. This meant I had to go shopping. I thought about bringing a dress to wear, but I did not want to have to worry about traveling with it and trying to keep it pretty, having it shipped was not ideal either, in case it got lost or damaged. So I decided I would buy one. Minhyuk as a bit surprised that I would spend money on a dress, especially one that EunJin did not have a hand in. He teased me about it to no end.

I met up with Melody while they had some interviews and other schedules. She took me to her favorite boutique to help me pick out a dress. I realized how spoiled I was when I did not have EunJin there to make it. I was waffling between styles and having a hard time deciding. The salesgirls kept bringing them and I kept rejecting them. I know I seemed too picky, but they didn't know EunJin. When you have had the best, it is hard to settle.

In the middle of my indecisiveness, Melody brought over a pair of Jimmy Choos that made me swoon. They were the Cinderella pump and probably the most gorgeous shoes I had ever seen. They were definitely more bougie than I would normally wear, but they were simply stunning. Melody would not let me see the price. She said they were her gift to me since I was the first real-life Cinderella she had ever met. I tried to talk her out of it, but she was adamant.

This was Hollywood, not Korea. We would be on TV and in the gossip news. I needed to up my game. I sucked it up and accepted the gift. The shoe selection definitely influenced my choice of dress. With shoes like that, the dress needs to be more understated. I focused on finding a sleek and elegant one. I finally found it.

I chose a floor length black silk gown with gold bead appliques along the bodice and hips. It was a halter style and very form-fitting through the hips. It draped in a lovely pool behind me. The left side was slit up to the top of my thigh.

There were minimal alterations that needed to be done, which was good considering I needed it in two days. Melody had already spoken to them about our situation and need for expediency and accuracy.

The shoes were aptly named. They were like something out of a fairy tale and Cinderella just happened to be my favorite. The stiletto heels were encased with sparkling champagne-colored rhinestones. The toe area was adorned with matching crystal flowers. They were simply stunning.

We went to a famous bistro for lunch and there were cameras following us. This was not a foreign feeling for me now, but this time was different. They were usually after Minhyuk. This time they were after Melody and me. This is the part I had not gotten used to yet. I was not a celebrity, but it didn't seem to matter.

We went back to Melody's house after lunch. She showed me her collection of antique music boxes. They were beautiful and they took up an entire room. It was like her own personal gallery. She told me it started with one her grandmother had given her as a child. She pointed it out lovingly stroked the box as she told the story. I could see how much it meant to her.

We went to the back of the house where she had an Olympic size swimming pool. I wanted to get in so badly, but I had not brought a swimsuit. Melody said she had plenty, some that she had never even worn, and we were about the same size. She took me to her walk-in closet, which was bigger than my bedroom. It was like those you see in the movies... you know the ones, they look like a private boutique.