Chapter 63 - The New Era Begins (Mature)

The next month was busy for both of us. He had more awards shows, I had holiday events. They had to wrap up the prep for opening their company. They had to hire staff, instructors, trainers, and a couple of administrative assistants.

We spent Christmas with his family. They bought lots of baby stuff for us. They also gave me some of Min's baby things to pass down to our child. His parents were precious, and I was so thankful to have them. Being with his family was both good and bad for me. I loved them and I loved being with family. On the other side, I missed my parents more. I tried to keep it together while we were there, but at night when we were alone, I gave in to the pain. I sobbed on Minhyuk's shoulder. He held me, stroking my back and being my rock. He just let me cry it out. He knew that was what I needed most.

Christmas was always hard for me. It was my mom's favorite holiday, and she would go crazy with decorating and wrapping gifts. My father would be in competition with the neighbor down the street for best lightshow. I missed them more than usual because of the baby. I kept thinking about how mom would have been smothering me with motherly advice, and dad would have been adding his 2 cents as well. I would have been frustrated and sick of it by now, and that thought made me smile through my tears.

I let out a tiny laugh and Min tilted his head at me. I wiped my tears and gave him a weak smile. "They would have been amazing grandparents, you know. I wish you could have known them. They would have absolutely adored you."

"They made you, so they must have been amazing parents too." I kissed his cheek and snuggled in closer.

"I am thankful for your parents. They will be wonderful grandparents too. They already are to MinJun's little one." Min smiled at me.

"They are very excited for this baby, but nowhere near as excited as I am." He kissed my forehead and pulled me close. "I love you, Sunny-ah."

"I love you, Minhyukkie." I snuggled in closer with my head against his chest. I felt safe, cherished, and loved. I dreamed of us walking with our child in the cherry blossoms.

We celebrated the new year and they performed at a couple more shows. Once again, EunJin did an amazing job with my dresses. The rumor of me being pregnant had spread further than we expected from that one site. Other blogs and fansites had started throwing their assessment of the situation into the mix.

There was one that made me angry yet made me laugh at the same time. It was one of Minhyuk's fansites and they insisted there was no way I could be having Min's baby because I was "older than dirt", or the Korean equivalent of that phrase. Others who were speculating were excited about the prospect. It was obvious he was happy with me and that is what most of them wanted for him and the rest of the members.

The guys had hired most of their staff and they had all the classrooms, practice rooms, studios, dressing rooms, a large workout room, offices, dorms, an auditorium, and cafeteria ready to go. They had hired two admins to share between them. Eventually they might each have their own but for now two was good.

I came by one morning to do their promo shots. I wanted to get them in the new offices and in some of the other areas. We had their outfits planned and we had hair and makeup people ready.

We started with the more casual shots in the main practice room. While they changed to their suits, I took some shots of the other rooms. Once they were ready, we headed upstairs. I got several of them together in the conference room, then we went to the individual offices.

We went by age and started with Nunu. When it was Minmin's turn, I had a difficult time concentrating. I realized how bad I wanted to have him on that desk. It was a fantasy I had buried long ago, but it suddenly resurfaced with a vengeance.