Chapter- 1 : Krushi

Hey I'm Krushi Verma doing my second year in zoology honours . Life is full of unexpected things and situations; these things only make the life enjoyable.
Everything was perfect until now. God knows why I am being dragged into this situation. 😠

Flashback
Today's weather is so perfect for marriage though it's mid of March. And guess what , my cousin, Kriya is getting married in this perfect weather. It's a destination wedding taking place in a royal hotel in the city of Jaipur. Kriya was having a love marriage. Did I say that this hotel was owned by her soon to be husband 🙄... ( please don't notice the sarcasm ...... It's rude to say like this about my soon to be brother in law.

Leave it.

I hope this weather exactly remains the same in my wedding.
That would be so perfect right? My fiancee sitting and waiting for me at the mandap. And me descending from the stairs with my bridesmaids holding a light coloured purdah so that he can't see me. That would be so fun 😏 ; he would be restlessly waiting for me to see my face and me too but what to do this is a ritual.
And that happiness, that glint, that teary eyes , that emotions which I always see them once a while but at different moments will be seen at a time. Uff that gives me goosebumps. I love you Sanam . I will soon say about us to my parents and we will soon be together.
Suddenly loud laughter broke my thoughts. I then followed the sound and found that my idiot cousin was having a water fight . The sight was humorous. They looked happy but if I had to describe the sight then I would compare them with baboons fighting 😬.
It's not like that I dislike them. They are like good friends to me though they are older to me by 6 years. They are really nice.
After sometime Badi maa(Kriya's mom) called me to do a ritual so I went.

Time skip to 6 hours before Kriya's wedding

Kriya was throwing tantrums as she had not eaten anything since morning ( it's a ritual in my tradition that the groom or the bride cannot eat before the wedding ceremony) . She was behaving like a little kid.

Her friends and me , her and some of our close cousins were sitting. We all were reminiscing our memories. At the end we all had tears in our eyes. I was just controlling my tears from coming out. Sensing that Kriya came and gave me a bear hug.
"It's ok.... Let it out baby..... I will miss u too" said Kriya.
This was my last straw that binded my emotions. It broke. I broke down into her arms. We both cried.
"I will miss u Nini... Please stay with me.... Please don't go with him.... He looks like a monster....." I said Sobbing and hiccuping in between. She patted my hair with one hand and rubbed my back with other.

" I can't do u know that" she said smiling sadly. It was just a simple sentence but it seemed like she wasn't happy with this marriage.

I gave her a questioning look.
She quickly averted her eyes from me.
Suddenly badi maa and my mommy barged into the room with the beauticians when I was about to ask if something was wrong.

Badi maa panicked seeing all of our teary faces. Maybe she understood our thoughts she said ," Every girl has to leave her house after the marriage."
"Why!!!!" I exclaimed.
"Beti toh parayi dhan hoti hai." Mom said.
I don't know how my mood changed , i narrowed my eyes at my mom and said ," Did you brought me from someone else's home or what?!"
Listening to it my mom smacked my head. This somehow made everyone chuckle.

" Idiot, I didn't brought you from anyone's house. It's a old saying. Just said  to make the atmosphere little light. And you can always call her orelse meet her. I'm sure your jiju won't stop you from meeting her."

"Who wants that cockroach head's permission." I mumbled. Maybe Kriya di and her friends understood what I said , they were controlling hard to stiffle their laugh.

"Did you say anything?" Mom inquired.

"No" I said with a cheeky smile.

Mom was about to say something but Badi maa interfered ," Stop Stop stop! We are getting late. Nini has to get ready. She has also a bridal photoshoot session. And girls don't u all have to get redy? Go quickly." Saying this she dismissed us all.

We all went to our respective rooms alloted by that cockroach head oops alloted by my soon to be brother in law.

I got ready with my green crop top and long skirt  and a minimal make up and accessories and went to Kriya Di's room.

( My outfit for the wedding)

As soon as I entered the room my mom shouted saying my name , everyone in the room got startled. My mom glared at me and asked ," what are you wearing!!!!"
"Clothes" I answered.
She then glared at me.
" I know it's a dress. It's not a simple family  function , dodo. It's your own cousin's wedding. Wear something presentable."
" What! This is good. I am comfortable in it . And what presentable, no one is going to see me."
She was about to say something when  badi maa said , " Yes Nono no one is going to see you but it's your sister's wedding. You should look good . Everyone should know that you are the bride's sister. You have to be with her in so many functions and also you have to take pictures with her. Moreover you are her maid of honour, how can you not be looking good!".

"WHAAAAATTTTT!!!"

____________________________________________________________________________
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hello readers,
It's my first time to write a story so if you see any mistake please forgive me and notify me. If you think I should improve my writing then don't hesitate to say that.
Do comment and vote.
Have a nice day .
Thank you.