chapter-19: Guilt

Krushi's POV

My head was aching really bad. I opened my eyes in a bright room.
"Ow! My eyes."
"Where am I?"
"Hospital" Mom said.
Huh?
I looked my surroundings and got off from the bed quickly.
I felt little dizzy. Abhimaan supported me quickly.
"What happened to me?"
"You fainted." Abhimaan said.

All those things happened today rewinded in my mind. One by one tears flowed from my eyes.
"I want to meet dad."
"You should change Nono. You will catch cold. Change and come." Badi maa said.
"Please I want to see him now." I requested.
But badi maa was in no mood to listen.
*Sneeze*
*Sneeze*
*Sneeze*
"See I told you. You will catch cold. Now go. We are not going anywhere. Go. Abhimaan take her. You all too go. We can manage." Badi maa said.
Aunty, uncle and we all bid goodbyes to them.
I went out of the hospital hesitantly.

Abhimaan's POV

I was petrified when she fainted. If anything had happened to her then I would have never forgiven myself.
She was walking hesitantly. She didn't want to come out.
Vishal , me and Krushi were in one car and our parents in the other. The whole journey was completed in silence.
I opened the door for her when she wasn't coming out of the car. Today has been too tough for her.

As soon as Chachi saw Krushi, she ran towards her and hugged her. Daadu too came. Seeing daadu Krushi separated Chachi gently and marched towards daadu.
"It's only because of you. Only because of you dad got heart attack. Only because of you he is comatose. If you hadn't said this stupid person to marry me, my Sanam would have been with me now!! For you he is dead!!! " She screamed.
"You both will regret it. Each and every day. I mean it oldie. I will never forgive you!" She said pointing towards me and daadu.
She stormed off to our room.
Everyone saw us with hatred in their eyes. Trust me it's the worst thing you can come across of. You can bear the hatred from anyone but not from your loved ones.
All went to their rooms except me and daadu.
"I didn't know she loved someone, Abhi." Daadu said lowly. "Did you know?"
"I only knew that Vishal likes her." I said gulping the lump.
"Then why didn't you stopped me!" Daadu raised his voice.
I kept quiet. I know I should have told him.
"Why are you quiet Abhimaan!"
"I didn't like the way she talked to you." I said lowly.
"Not all will like you, Abhi. You are too strict with you employees, scold them for their little mistake or in worst case fire them. They too won't like you always. Does it means that whenever someone will talk rudely to me you will marry them?"
"No! How can you say that?"
"Then how can you do that!"
"You knew that your best friend likes her still you married her. People leave girls for their friendship but you. You snatched it.
I thought she wanted to escape from the marriage so she said something like that. Your daadi will never forgive me for separating two lovers." Daadu cried. It was the first time I saw him crying after the death of daadi.
It's all my fault.
"I should have asked the girl rather than ordering her. How will I face her? How can I see myself in the mirror! How can I sleep at night thinking I destroyed so many lives! How can I leave peacefully! She won't forgive me ever."
"I want to die peacefully, Abhi. I don't want to die with guilt. How will I face your daadi up there?"
I felt too terrible.
Daadu went to his room.
I should apologise to Krushi's family. I have done enough damage. I will do anything to get their forgiveness.

I went to change my clothes as it was wet. The room was disastrous. Everything was thrown here and there. The lamp was broken. The glasses were shattered on the floor. There were footprints of-
BLOOD
Horror struck to me. I rushed towards the washroom. The footprints were till there. I knocked the door.
"Krushi open the door."
"Krushi"
I knocked more loud this time.
"Krushi!!!"
"I am counting upto 5 . Open the door orelse I will come inside."
Still no response. Is she alright?
"1"
.
.
.
"2"
.
.
.
"3"
.
.
.
"4"
.
.
.
"5"
"Krushi, I am coming."
*Clicking of door knob*
The door opened.
Krushi came out. She was in the same saree that she wore in the morning. She was completely drenched.
Without thinking much I carried her to the closet. It was the only place in the room which was not harmed by her. She didn't struggle. Maybe too tired to struggle.
I placed her on a chair and sat infront of her. I examined her feet. It was worse than morning. It could have been worst if the bandage was not there.
I brought the first aid kit and cleaned her wounds first. She didn't even hiss. I applied the antiseptic cream and then dressed her feet.
I looked up to see her but she was already looking at me with her bloodshot red eyes as if it were questioning me why I was treating her wounds when I was the reason. We both were looking at each other for sometime when I decided to break the look. I couldn't bear her accusing gaze.
I brought a towel and wiped her face and dried her hair with the hair dryer. She didn't question me and let me do whatever I did.
She should change her clothes or she might catch cold. She can't walk now. If I touch her clothes will she get angry?
Without thinking much I brought her suitcases inside the closet. I opened it and the first thing which I saw was -

================================================================

I almost had lost this chapter 😨😨

Is the story boring??