chapter-51 : interview

Abhimaan's POV

I am sitting infront of 7 hungry lions. Each one of them was staring at me from the past few minutes. It was getting uncomfortable.

Flashback

The auto rickshaw dropped us at the main road. We walked to home.
The road was silent. I took it as a chance to talk to her.
"Krushi, I know what I did was wrong. Please forgive me. I was wrong to judge you. Please give me a chance to correct myself. Please." She didn't listen and walked past increasing her speed.

"Krushi."
I held her hand to stop her.

"Chance! What chance you want! Have you ever done something right! What kind of businessman you are! You can't even....... You prejudge every situation. You only see what's shown to you!"
"I was never in favour of yours and Nini's marriage but before the baraat I thought you might not be that bad but you turned out to be the worst! After marriage,the way you cared for me. The way you dressed my wounds even if you didn't know, I thought you might not be that bad of a person. But after yesterday I am sure that you are a very bad person!!"

"Krushi you don't know me. How can you say that I am bad?" I was starting to feel uneasy.

"Exactly! I don't know you."

"What chance you want? You want to make everything right? How will you make it right when you don't even trust me. You always prejudged me from the very beginning! How will you make it right when your whale sized ego comes infront of you! How will you make it right when you have destroyed everything!"

"I never wanted to marry before 28. I wanted to build my career. Become independent. Explore the world alone. But you destroyed everything! I never wanted my marriage to be like this! I never wanted the room to be decorated with red roses! I never wanted a husband like you at the first place!"

"How will I give you a chance when I don't know you? What if you deceive me later? What if you cheat on me? What if you turn out to be a misogynist, male chauvinist? What if you never let me be independent? Answer me!" She shouted. Angry tears were flowing from her eyes.

I stood there numb. Does she thinks me to be all these?
She turned her heels and ran to home.
I wanted to run after her but my feet were glued at the same place. I thought I could mend our relationship but it seems it didn't ever exist.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I closed the door behind and walked into the kitchen to drink water.

*Tap on shoulder*
*Chokes water*

*Cough*
"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." It was Ved.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
I nodded.
"Dad is asking for you. Come with me."

(Flashback ends)

"We will come straight to the point." Suyash uncle started.

"Seeing your genuine efforts we have decided to take a small test of yours. If you pass in it then we all will help you. Your answers should be real and it should be fast. Don't stammer in between. If you can't answer any of the questions then you should leave and never come back." Nikita aunty said.

"Really?" I was surprised. What happened to all? Really will they help me?

"Don't be so happy." Avyan bhai snapped.
I kept my head low.

"Is this the way your interviewees sit front of you?" Ved said annoyingly.

*Sat straight*
"Sorry."
"What are your educational qualifications?" Payal aunty asked.

"Aunty, i-"
"Ma'am" Nikita aunty cut me off.
"Huh?"
"It's ma'am for you. You are in the interview." Nikita aunty said.

"Sorry ma'am." My palms were sweating. Is this what those candidates feel?

"What are your educational qualifications?" Payal aunty asked again.

"I had completed my high school in Vikas International School in Jaipur ,my secondary education from Ram Vihar college of Commerce in Delhi and my Bachelor's degree in Business analytics and management from MIT." I tried to keep my tone as polite and as professional as I could. I can't afford to loose my wife.

"Are you a feminist and how?" Nikita aunty asked.
"Yes, I am . I believe in equality. In my company, the employees are paid according to their positions in the company irrespective of their genders. I try my best to provide each and every individuals the opportunity by which they can gain knowledge and also can increase their self confidence."

I could say that she was not pleased by my answer.

"Do you know how to cook?" Ved asked.
Shit.
"No"
"Then what will you feed her? Do you know any household work?" He asked.
"No I don't know. I will learn how to cook and about household work, I will learn that too."

"What will you do if she doesn't want to stay at your house?" Suresh uncle asked.
"If that situation arises then I will let her go wherever she wants and I will follow her. But later make her understand the importance of family. In my family all are broad minded so Krushi won't find any difficulties staying there. They will be very welcoming to her. Maybe for sometime she'd find it difficult but I will try my best to make her comfortable."

"What if Kriya returns and your feelings for her comes back and you cheat on my daughter?" Suyash uncle asked.
My throat was dry. The same thing was asked by her before coming here. I can understand her insecurity.
I took a deep breath.
"I won't ever cheat on Krushi, sir. I had taken the vows to stay faithful towards her till end. Yes, we both were disturbed at that time but those rounds infront of all the family members and friends were not fake. I am a one woman man and I will be loyal and devoted towards her till my death. I am married to her and she will be my wife till the end of my life."

"What if she has to go abroad for studies?" Avyan bhai asked.
"Then I will too go with her. If I don't have a hotel chain there then I will open there giving a reason to stay with her."

"Why do you want Krushi to go with you to your house?" Bhavya bhabhi asked.
"Firstly ma'am it's not only my house but also hers. And to your question, it's because she is my wife."

"Okay. But what if she divorces you? In India any one of the couple can file for divorce, I guess you know that. Then you won't have any reason to take her to your home." Bhabhi said.
It shook me to hell. I never gave it a thought.
I have a reason that she's is my wife but what would I do if she cuts that reason.

"Answer her." Avyan bhai said.
What should I answer when I don't have the answer with me.
"Give her a reason to go with you Abhimaan. Your reason is too absurd. If you want her give her a genuine reason to stay with you. Your reason of her being your wife shows nothing but a tag to both of your relationship." Bhabhi stood up and went out of the room.
Did I loose the chance?
Am I never going to see her again?

==============================================================================
I was really excited for this chapter so I uploaded it today.
Share your views.