chapter-65

My child being a good boy agreed to share but they ended up eating everything.
Poor Aarav.
He looked very sad. His eyes were glistening.
"You all are too old, still snatching foods from a little child. Behaving like kids!" Aunty scolded them and they kept their head low.
"Say sorry to him!"
"Sorry Aaru" they all said in unison.
Aunty picked Aaru by her arms and consoled him.

"I knew something like this will happen so I had made an extra cake." Pritika di brought a plate of big cake.
"Don't give it to them, okay?" She said.
Aarav nodded nd took the plate with him to Daadaji.

Mr. Baraskar came to me and side hugged.
"Still a kid, aren't you?" I teased him.
"Not more than you. But I didn't expect him to cry." He reasoned.
*Scoff*
"He is a kid dear husband."  He just gave a cheeky smile.
"Bhabhi, you learnt how to wear saree?" Pritika di asked.
"No, di. It's a dress." I replied.
"Oh!"
"Oh! I forgot! Maa, last time we couldn't do those post marriage rituals. So can we do that now?" Di requested aunty.
"They must be tired of their journey, Priti." Aunty said.
She looked all sad and with her Kaira di was also sad. They both looked at Mr. Baraskar with pleading eyes and he looked at me.
"What?"
"I don't have any problem." Understanding what they wanted to say I replied.

"Okay then let's get ready." Pritika di chirped and pulled me with her.

                       Author's POV

Pritika pulled Krushi to her room with Kaira. She opened Krushi's bag and searched for a saree which would look good and appropriate for the small function.
"Bhabhi, you have all these ready made sarees. What will you wear?" Pritika asked.
"Any of those will be fine." Krushi answered.

"Why any of those. It's your special day. Didi open your collection." Kaira said to Pritika.

"No! I think in most of the ceremonies I have to sit so please let me wear any of these. What if saree falls down when I get up or I step on it and trip." Krushi shook her head.

"We will pin it up properly." Pritika said.
"No!" She said.
"Bhabhi, did it fall last time?" Pritika asked.
"No" Krushi said lowly.
"Then it won't fall today too." Kaira said.

"What is happening?" Prakruti asked entering with Anu.
"Maa, see bhabhi doesn't want to wear a saree and her bag is full of readymade sarees." Kaira complained.

Prakruti looked at Krushi.
"Aunty it will fall down." Krushi defended.
Anu and Prakruti stifled their laugh.

"It won't fall. And wear this. I had bought this for Abhimaan's wife." Prakruti handed her a bag.
"Sorry aunty. I can't accept this. You had bought this for Nini." She declined politely.
"I think you didn't hear what I said. I bought this for Abhimaan's wife ,Krushi. Not for any specific girl. Only for his wife, which is you." Prakruti cleared herself still Krushi was hesitant.

"I had bought this when Abhimaan was in his first year of college. This saree caught my attention while I was shopping for his cousin's wedding. So it's only yours. And which daughter-in-law denies her mother-in-law." She sternly said the last part.
"Sorry." Krushi lowly said.
"This house and it's belongings belong to my children and their future generations only. And you are also a part of this family so this is only yours not someone's. Did you understand?" Krushi nodded and took the bag.

It had a dark green coloured saree with heavy embroidery and some jewelleries.

"It's so beautiful, maa. You lessened our burden. And this colour will also complement her." Pritika said.
"It had to complement. After all she is the eldest daughter-in-law and also it was my choice." Prakruti patted herself.
_______________________________________________