chapter- 37: A break

Author's POV

Abhimaan was not his true self after Krushi went back. He skipped his meals and remained most of the time in his office. He even fired almost all of the cleaning staffs and those who were little late for the day. He came home late night drunk and went early to office or sometimes he didn't come to his house. It was going on since a week.

Abhimaan was sitting in his office and doing something when Vishal Barged into his cabin.
"You should knock when you come into your boss' cabin." He said coldly without taking his eyes off from the papers.

He looked so weak, deprived of sleep. He had eye bags. His face was dull and pale.
"I know I should but not when that boss is my best friend." Vishal reasoned.
"And when did you come back last night?" He asked but Abhimaan kept quiet.
"Answer me Abhimaan. Aunty uncle and all were worried about you. Will you say now?!" Vishal raised his voice.
He still didn't took off his eyes from those papers. Vishal knew that he already had read those papers but reading it again and again just to avoid him.
" Why are you doing this Abhimaan? She doesn't want to be with you. Understand that! Stop acting like a child. Will you?!" Vishal couldn't take it anymore and shouted at him.
"I am acting like a child? Me? Then what she's doing! Can't we sit and talk like adults?! If she can do whatever she wants then why can't I ! If she wants she can shout. If she wants she can disappear any time from home then when why can't i?! " Abhimaan shouted.

" She's not acting like a child. She's acting as per her age. She's just 20 Abhimaan. And think from her point of view. Do you think any girl would accept this situation? Maybe some but not all are same. All are worried about you. Be in time today."
" Just leave Vishal."
Vishal sighed as he can't make our thick headed male lead understand.
Before he could go out of the room he heard a loud bang.
He turned back and to his horror Abhimaan was lying on the floor unconcious.
He rushed to him and tried to wake him up by shaking him. He sprinkled water on his face but he didn't wake up. Vishal called for help. They took him to the nearest hospital.

                      At hospital

The whole Baraskar family was in the hospital. All were worried. They were impatiently waiting for the doctor to come out.
As soon as the doctor came out, they all threw questions at him.
"How is he?" Abhay asked the doctor.
"He's alright. I have given him the IV fluid. His blood pressure had dropped. He took too much stress and seems like he didn't take proper sleep or food. If he takes rest then he'd be better." The doctor then went away.
After sometime, Abhimaan gained his consciousness.
"Where am I ?" He groggily spoke and looked at his surroundings. He found he was in hospital.
"Why am I here?" He asked himself.

He was about to get up but he saw his hand was attached to the IV fluid.

Listening to the shuffling sound all the family members came inside. Prakruti ran towards Abhimaan and took him in her embrace.
" You scared us all. Why were you skipping your meals?"
"I am sorry Maa."
"I am hungry." He said.
"Then why were you starving!" Abhay smacked him.
*Ouch*
"Hey stop hitting my child." Prakruti scolded her husband.
"As if you made him alone." Abhay retorted back.
"What the-"
"I got the food for this beggar billionaire." Vishal barged into the room before Prakruti could finish her sentence.
He gave the packet to Prakruti. She gave him water first and then fed him.
"I missed this." He said giving a satisfactory smile.
"What?" Prakruti asked.
"Eating from your hands and your voice." His voice cracked a little.
"I am sorry maa. I don't know what had gotten into me back then. Please forgive me." He sobbed.
"I don't think I can forgive you for that Abhimaan." Prakruti said.
"I know maa. I will try my best to gain your forgiveness." He said wiping his tears.
"You don't have to Abhimaan. Just gain Krushi's forgiveness, we will forgive you."
" How maa? She doesn't want to see me. How can I?"
"I don't know. It's upto you."  With that she stood up and went from there. One by one all went out except Vishal.
"I want to take a break from all these. Will you take my position till I don't come back?" He asked Vishal.
Vishal nodded understandingly. He knew he needed a break badly. Whatever happened in those few days were too much to grasp.

On the other hand Krushi's condition was not much good but she was manageable. She went to meet Sanam's family to Odisha. She got reminded of all their sweet memories. She got Sanam's journal from his brother in which he had written all the information about their meeting , his feelings, his future plans with Krushi, his dreams and everything.

Krushi was sitting in the beach with tears flowing from her eyes.
"The pain is too much Sanam. Before whenever I used to get hurt you were there to console me , hug me, tell me everything was fine. But now no one is there." She said looking at the ocean.
Suddenly a breeze blowed by her like assuring her that it would be okay. She just needs time to heal.  She just needs someone to heal her.

Will she allow anyone to heal her?

================================================================

This chapter is short.
930 words.