chapter- 14 : Pehli rasoi

Krushi's POV

A girl pulled me excitedly to the kitchen whom I assume to be Kaira. I still don't know their names.

There were two workers in the kitchen.
"Krushi meet them. She is Shanti and he is Rohan. They are our cooks."
I touched Shanti aunty's feet and greeted her and when I was about to touch Rohan uncle's feet he backed away. I was really confused. I got up.
"Not to be rude ma'am but I am not elder than you." He said.
Huh?
"I am just 24 and you are way elder to me."
What! It came as a shocker.
Wait. Did he say he is 24?
"Argh.... Krushi why do you always forget that you are an adult. Humesha chalti phirti hai sabko uncle bolke ( everytym you call the boys uncle who are older to you.) " I face palmed mentally and groaned.
" No bhaiya, I am not older to you. I am much younger. Now can I ." I gave him a small smile.
He didn't say anything so I took it as a yes. I touched his feet.
"Won't you bless me?" He was still awkward.
"Rohan she won't eat you up. You are older to her. She has confirmed. Now give her the blessings. Are we avaricious for giving blessings?"  Aunty said with a mischievous smile.
Yes, I decided to call her aunty. It would be so odd to call my own mother-in-law as Mrs. Baraskar.
"No ma'am. I don't mean that. No one showed me this respect previously where I worked."
"That place and this place is different Rohan." Chachi said.
"I hope you get what you wish and always be happy and be successful." Rohan bhai said happily.
He is elder to me so bhai. Ofcourse in our country we don't call our elders by their name except boyfriend and sometimes husbands . We add suffix.

"Today is Krushi's pehli rasoi and Krushi you just have to make a sweet dish so don't worry."  Aunty ordered them.
I just smiled at her.
All went out of the kitchen except aunty and Kaira.
Kaira took out her phone and started to take video.
"What are you doing?" I asked her.
"Don't mind this girl. She likes to capture every special moment in her phone." Aunty scoffed teasing Kaira.
"Do you have anything in your mind to make?" Aunty asked.
"Gajar ka halwa maybe." I awkwardly said. I am still not comfortable with anyone here.
"Do you know the recipe?"
I bit my lips and nodded in negative.
"I was thinking to see it from the YouTube."
"Okay. If you need any help, call me." She patted my hair and went.
I brought my phone and saw the recipe and started to work.
While my sister-in-law was recording my each moves. It made me so self conscious. I can't even ask her to stop it cause she looks so happy and she didn't even bother me much.
I washed the carrots and grated it.
"Do you want tea?" Rohan bhai asked.
"No thanks, I don't drink tea." I denied politely.
"Then coffee?"
"No bhai, I don't drink it either."
"Woah bhabi! Everyone is a tea lover except for your husband and Vishal bhai." Kaira said.
I mentally rolled my eyes. Like hell I want to know his likings.
I don't know how to react so I gave her a tight lipped smile and continued my work.
After grating it I kept it aside and fried  some cashews with desi ghee.
The smell of ghee. That was so rancid
Don't get me wrong, I don't like the smell of ghee. It makes me puke. I tried hard not to gag.
"Mmmmmmmm...... It smells so yummy. " Kaira said dreamily.
She is so sweet.
I thn followed the recipe and prepared the dessert.
"Uff........ that was easy."
"Yes.... I learnt I it by seeing you." Kaira chirped.
"Wow.... It smells really good. I am sure Abhi bhaiya would lick the bowl." Rohan bhai said excitedly. And Shanti aunty agreed to him.
Okay...... so how many will say this is his fav dessert.
An evil idea came to my mind.
"This dessert is equivalent to red and chilli powder is also red. So why not to do a experiment with his digestive system." I smirked evilly. 😈😈😈
At the same time Mr. Baraskar entered the kitchen.
Kaira turned her camera towards him and said," Bhai today,  your fav dish is made by bhabi. What is your reaction and what do you want to tell her?" She mimicked as a reporter.
He looked at me. I rolled my eyes.
"I would love to taste it. Now move. I want to drink water."
"Not only you but also your digestive system would love it Mr. Baraskar." I said to myself.
Meanwhile, Kaira , Rohan bhai and Shanti aunty left the kitchen.

"Don't get your hopes high. It was just an coincidence. Moreover the recipe was easy." I declared.
"I didn't say anything." He said.
"Whatever."
"Ohooooo.... Kitchen romance. Honey do you remember. We ki-"  Chachi covered Chacha's mouth with her palm to prevent him from saying further.
"You continue.... We didn't say anything." Chachi quickly said and pulled Chachu from the kitchen.
I huffed in annoyance. Seriously, romance, with him. Yuck , no way. Why should I romance with the person who destroyed my life. It made my eyes teary. I blinked it off.

                 Abhimaan's POV

Chachi stormed off the kitchen pulling Chachu by his collar. These two are so sweet. I wanted this sweet moments with Kriya. I always have loved her. I miss her.

Krushi blinked her eyes quickly as if her tears were betraying her. Maybe she was missing Sanam. I am getting suffocated by her presence. The guilt makes me suffocated. I want to converse properly with my parents, siblings and Vishal .

                (Time skip to breakfast)

We all were sitting at the dining hall on our seats. Everyone was gossiping except me. My bestfriend didn't want to talk to me nor my siblings. I want to cry badly. I gulped the lump formed in my throat to prevent myself from sobbing.
Mom asked Rohan and Shanti aunty to bring the dishes.
"I will help them." Krushi said and went into the kitchen.
She brought the halwa that she prepared already plated and served everyone and also to Rohan and Shanti aunty.
Her sweet gesture made everyone smile.
She was made to sit beside me.
"It smells so delicious but it's a poison for me." Said daadu sadly.
We all were confused.
"My sugar level is high." He clarified.
"If I had known earlier then I would have put 1kg sugar in it. But I won't do that as I don't want any sins." Krushi murmured this. If I am not wrong I clearly heard this.
I cleared my throat.
"Did you say something?" Daadi asked.
"I said it's sugar-free. So you can eat." Krushi informed .

"Thank you. I really appreciate. What are you waiting for. Start."  Daadu said.

We all started. Everyone started to eat the dessert first. They made weird moaning sound. Ewww.

"Bhai why are you not eating the halwa it's tasty." He said licking his lips.
"I am keeping it for the end."

Daadu had finished first so he went to his room.
I took the first bite. Everyone looked at me eagerly. Ofcourse except my wife. Kaira had made her camera ready for my reaction.

================================================================