chapter-17

Author's POV

The phone slipped from Krushi's hand. She couldn't believe what she heard. She almost lost her balance. If not for Vishal she would have fall on the ground.
"Krushi what happened?" Vishal asked.
Krushi couldn't form words. She tried to speak but everything came out as sob. Vishal shook her. He cupped her face with his palms.
"Look at me. Now tell me what happened?" He made her look at him.
"Papa...." She couldn't say much. She started to cry.
Meanwhile Abhimaan picked up the phone and asked what happened. He was shocked to hear that.
"Let's go to the hospital." he said. All looked at him.
Everyone understood something bad had happened. So no one questioned him.
Abhimaan, Krushi, Vishal, Anu,Prakruti and Abhay rushed inside the car.
They drove off to the hospital quickly.
As soon as the car halted, Krushi ran inside the hospital to the receptionist.

"Mr. Suyash Verma." She said catching her breath.
" ER- 3 second floor." Without waiting for anyone Krushi went inside the elevator and pushed the button to 2nd floor.
The elevator door closed till Abhimaan and Vishal reached. They harshly tapped the button and ran to the stairs quickly.

Krushi ran out of the elevator as soon as it opened. She asked one of the emergency ward nurses the ER. She thanked her and made her way.
Her heart was beating faster with each step. She was too scared to think of anything. Her most important person in her life was in the ER.

She saw her family and Kriya's friends  waiting infront of the OT. Her mom was crying hugging her badi maa and her brother was having hard time to control his tears. Kriya's friends were consoling Nikita.

Kriya slowed down.
"Maa" it came out of her lips as a mere whisper. Nikita looked to the direction where Krushi was standing.
There was a beautiful woman standing with red saree with golden border, open hair , beautiful accessories. It was her daughter. If it was  any other time she would have clicked pictures.
She ran towards Krushi, hugged her and broke down in her arms. They both sat down on the floor and cried.
The doctor came out of the OT. All the family members surrounded him.
"What happened to my brother?" Suresh Verma asked.
"He had an heart attack and he hit his head and lost most blood. So we need to give him blood. There are chances that he might slip into coma. It seems he was taking too much of stress." The doctor said and went.

Vishal and Abhimaan came rushing towards the Vermas .
"Krushi" Abhimaan called.
"What happened to him?" Vishal asked her.
She looked at Abhimaan with red teary eyes. Prakruti, Anu and Abhay reached there. Prakruti and Anu went towards Nikita while Abhay went to Ved and Suresh.
"What happened?" Prakruti asked Krushi.
"He had a major heart attack and he has injured his head due to which he lost most of his blood and there are chances of him to slip into coma." Niti said for Krushi.
Hearing coma Krushi started to cry more and fell on her knees.
Vishal and Abhimaan both sat down as soon as she fell. Mahi and Niti came running towards her. They both hugged her.
"What was his stress that he couldn't even  share with me ?" Krushi cried.
She stood up and went towards her mom and kneeled down infront of her.
"Maa what was Papa's stress? Was the stress so much that he got a heart attack." Krushi sobbed keeping her head on her mother's knees.
"Yesterday when you went, your father was very sad. He was worrying about your future. You have not even completed your studies. He always wanted you to be independent first. But see ,the destiny is so wicked. Everything shattered." Her mom cried even more.
Krushi was more angry than ever. She went to Abhimaan and slapped him too hard that he lost his balance. Vishal supported him in time.

"Why it is always you!!" She grabbed his collars tightly.
"Why are you always the starting point of every problems. If anything happens to my father then I will kill you and that oldie. I promise you that Mr. Abhimaan Baraskar. " She said with  fire in her eyes.
Suddenly Abhimaan hugged her.
"I am sorry Krushi. I was not my intention to hurt your family."
Abhimaan cried.
Krushi struggled hard to get out of his grip. She stopped when he didn't allow her to go.
"It was your intention Mr. Baraskar. You intentionally married me. You were in your full concious state. If you hadn't married me forcefully then this day would've not existed. So it's your fault and that oldie's fault." She hugged him back unconsciously. Abhimaan snuggled more into her nape as if he wanted to hide from this world and only she can hide him. They both cried. Everyone witnessed the scene. No one said anything. They all understood Krushi's distress and Abhimaan's suffering. They all knew that girl's pain and that boy's guilt.

"Vishal take him out of my sight." Krushi requested him.
Abhimaan was stunned by her request him.
"No please..... No.... Krushi don't do this.... Please let me stay here. I don't want to go." He hugged her even more tightly.
Krushi pushed him with her whole strength. He stumbled back and fell. He kneeled infront of her and joined his hands and requested her to let him be with her in this time. Vishal picked him up by his hand and took him away from the ER operation room. He pulled him to the receptionist area.

"Abhimaan just go from here. No one wants to see your face." Vishal said.
"Vishal please say her to let me be with her. The guilt is eating me. I can't bear it."
"Bear it Abhimaan as Krushi is bearing the pain of losing her boyfriend for you. The pain that she is bearing seeing her father in the OT. The pain that her family is bearing because of you.The pain I am bearing that my best friend betrayed me." Vishal shouted.

"Sir, please keep it low. All patients are getting disturbed. You can continue outside the hospital premised" A nurse came and said.
They both apologised her.
"Why are you doing this Vishal? " Abhimaan sobbed.
"Isn't it obvious that I like her. I want to be beside her. I want her to come to me first when she's in trouble. I want her to see me the way I see her. I can wait for her till eternity. I can do anything for her. She will always be happy with me. I won't let a tear to come in her eyes. Didn't you see today's karaoke? Didn't she look happy? You took her from me and now I will take her. No I won't do that. She will come on her own will. It's my promise." 

================================================================
Yeh kahani hume kis mod pe le aya,
Ki dil kare haye,
Koi toh bataye, aage kya hoga....
🤧🤧🤧🤧 What's going to happen...
I am too confused now