chapter- 24

If felt someone rubbing my cheeks. I opened my eyes and saw Mr. Baraskar kneeling infront of me.
I yanked away his hand.
"What were you trying to do?" I said angrily.
He just pointed at my eyes. I touched it. It felt wet. I didn't realise when my tears flowed.
I wiped off my tears and looked to the other side.
He offered me his handkerchief to wipe my tears. He handed me the paper bag which contained all the things I asked for.
I was very hungry so I took out a samosa nd ate.
"Won't he eat or what?" I thought to myself.

Abhimaan's POV

I thought to buy some food for myself but as she was alone I got back quickly so she won't be scared. Now I am regretting it. It's evening 6 and I still didn't have lunch.
"Won't you eat?" Krushi asked.
"No I am not hungry." Contrast to my answer my stomach grumbled.
"Your stomach is not saying that." She mocked.
"I didn't made you to buy these all for me only. Eat this orelse your mom will accuse me for making you starve." She said passing the bag to me.
"It's unhealthy." She saw me with wide eyes as if I said something wrong.
"Are you serious! You are saying no to samosa. No as in No?"
"Yes why"
"If you are thinking about those calories and all, you can always work out. Eating little oily for one day won't make you unhealthy. Eat orelse starve." She said coldly and was about to take the bag.
"I will eat."

Krushi's POV

"I will eat." He said.
He looked at the bag pouting as if he was battling with himself for eating that or not.
Seriously!!
I put my hand and took out another samosa to eat.
He too started eating.
"There is only one packet of biryani. What to do?"
"Well that's for me only. I am not going to share it with anyone." I teased him a bit. He was gloomy all the day.
"Okay" He said lowly.
I took the plastic container which had samosas and divided the biryani into half.
"What are you doing? You don't need to do that for me.You said you wanted to eat it alone. I am full."
"Of course I am going to eat alone. Who said I am serving this for you? It's for a devil. I don't want my stomach to ache. I am giving this to that devil so he keeps his evil eyes away from me."

Abhimaan's POV

"Of course I am going to eat alone. Who said I am serving this for you? It's for a devil. I don't want my stomach to ache. I am giving this to that devil so he keeps his evil eyes away from me."
What is she saying?
She forwarded me the biryani box and gestured me to take.
"You said it is for a de-"
Oh she was teasing me.
"Took you too long to understand Mr.CEO tubelight." She teased.
"You could have directly given it to me."
"What's the fun then?" She retorted back.
We both ate in silence. It felt so uncomfortable to me coz I am used to my siblings bickering at the dining table.
"I am sorry for today Krushi."
"You can't change anything now, can you? So stop it." She snapped and wiped her tears.
Wow now I made her cry! Stupid!
"So when is your college reopening."
"Next month."
Silence again came back.
"Mr. Baraskar" she called.
"Hmm."
"Today chachi said for my pehli rasoi I can ask anything from you so...."
"What do you want?"
"I want a divorce as soon as possible. It's granted in approximately 18-24 months so it's better to do as soon as possible. We both are tied in this unwanted bond."
I don't know what to say so I just hummed.

* * * * * *
The doctor kept coming in every one hour to check uncle.
It was 10pm. We both were tired. We were not hungry so didn't take dinner. We had the potato chips near about 8 O' clock.
"Sleep. You look tired." She nodded and leaned against the wall.
After sometime I heard soft snores. She was in deep sleep. Her arms were close to her upper body.
She looks like she's cold. I covered her with the blanket till her neck.
She hummed in sleep and kept her head on my shoulder and one leg on mine.
She has a weird sleeping habit surely. I smiled remembering today's morning incident.
She looked so cute, beautiful and peaceful at the same time.

"I don't know why but I don't want to file the divorce. I want to be with you. You make me uncomfortable but also comfortable. You make me sad but also happy. It's only a day I met you. You amaze me each and every second. I want to know you more Krushi. I want to make you happy. I want to protect you."
"I can protect myself."

================================================================