chapter: 93

I came to Bhubaneswar back to attend my graduation ceremony. After three days is my convocation ceremony. Officially I will be out of this university.

Maa, Papa or Abhimaan couldn't come as they had their work so I called mom dad badi maa and bade papa to accompany me on my big day.

"Mom! What should I wear to my convocation ceremony? Dress code is saree for girls.All my sarees are in Jaipur."

"I was waiting for this day, you know? I have brought a saree for you. Wait a minute."Mom pulled her suitcase on the bed.

She took out all of her clothes and showed me a saree.
"This saree I wore in my college's farewell. This will suit you and is perfect for the function." She said.

"Okay then, I will wear this." I took the saree and kept in the cupboard.

"Will Abhimaan attend the ceremony?" Mom asked.
"I don't know. He said he has a meeting. How much meetings he needs to attend!"

"Ah! It's alright." She patted my shoulder.

_________________________

(Time skip to convocation ceremony)

I was in my graduation cape and waiting for my name to announce. I was excited but sad at the same time that Abhimaan can't attend.

Soon my name was announced. I walked up to the stage
I greeted the faculties and the Chief guest standing there.

I was on cloud 9 when I held my degree. I was so proud of myself. While I was receiving the convocation certificate, I looked at my parents. Their face shone with pride. Beside them was another person. He was equally happy but was more proud. My cheeks hurted smiling but what can I do? I am the happiest. Thousands of photos were getting clicked. Many reporters were covering. Ofcourse they will. My university is one of the best University of Odisha.

I walked down the stage and sat among my fellow classmates. After the ceremony ended, we took a group photo of our batch according to our ranks.

"I can't believe you are in top 10. Anyways, God bless you and shine the brightest. Sanam must be proud of you." My biochemistry sir said.

Yep he must be proud. He would spend nights to make biochemistry notes for me and didn't let me to get up from the bed till I answered all his questions correctly. And as an award he cooked his famous, finger licking dahi bara.

"Yes, sir. He must be proud. I too never thought that I will ever get into top 10 rank. All thanks to my husband, sir. He helped me a lot."

"You are married?" Sir asked.
"Yes sir."
"You didn't call any of us?" Sir faked an anger.
This is my first time seeing biochemistry sir friendly.
"Wedding was in Jaipur and everything happened so suddenly that I didn't get time to inform anyone."

"Hope you are happy. *I nodded* If you need any help then please contact anyone of your faculty."

"Sure sir"
"Have a happy married life."
I thanked sir and took his blessing.

I ran to my parents and hugged them.
"I am so proud of you! You got the 5th rank!" Dad hugged me.

"I am so happy!!" Mom hugged.
"It's all due to him." I pointed at Abhimaan who was wearing formals.
I hugged him.
"He didn't let me sleep till I didn't solve every questions he found from internet." I said.
"Then he should tutor you everytime." Mom said.
"No!" I shouted.

"I am proud of you!" He cupped my face and squished it.
I flashed my brightest smile.

"I thought you won't come."
"How can I miss this golden opportunity? Oh ! Come on, Mrs Baraskar! Don't take your husband do lightly."