chapter-52

Author's  POV

Krushi was already asleep when Abhimaan returned to the room. He went to the balcony for stargazing.

"What will I do now? What reason do I have so that I can stay with her?"

"Sanam please help me. I promise to keep her happy forever. Please let me stay with her."

When his eyes closed he didn't know.
------------------------------------------------------------------
In the middle of the night Krushi woke up. She saw Abhimaan was not in the room. She got up from the bed and checked the bathroom too but there was no trace of him.
She went downstairs. There she heard some noises coming from the kitchen.

The kitchen was a mess. A video was playing in the phone.

"What are you doing?"
Abhimaan flinched and slit his finger. The onion which he was cutting fell down.

"OMG! I didn't mean to scare you."  She went to him and quickly washed his finger in running water.
"Is it hurting?" He shook his head in negative.
She took out the first aid box from the cabinet and applied the antiseptic cream and  band aid.

"What were you doing?" She asked.
"Cooking" he said.
"Hungry?"
"Hmm"
"So .... What were you making?"
"Noodles"
"Let me make it."
"No problem I can make it."
"Then let's make it together." He agreed.

They both cut the veggies occasionally talking which was mostly initiated by Krushi.

She let the instant noodles and the veggies to boil after adding the tastemaker.
"Turn off the gas and plate it. I will clean the mess."
"Okay."
As Krushi was cleaning the mess, she heard something falling. She turned to see that Abhimaan was holding his right hand and pan was about to fall from the stove. She quickly placed the pan somewhere stable and poured cold water on Abhimaan's hand.

"Are you blind! The pan was hot and you held it with bare hands! What were you thinking!"

Abhimaan broke down and sat on the floor.

"Hey don't cry like this. I didn't mean to scold you but I didn't scold you hard."
He hugged her tightly by her waist.
Krushi was initially at shock but later gave in as he needed someone to hold. She hugged him back and patted his back slowly.

"I am sorry Krushi. I didn't know about Ruchika. I shouldn't have prejudged you. I should never say anything without knowing a situation. Please I want to stay with you. Please let me be with you. I don't want to loose you." Abhimaan wanted to say to Krushi but didn't.
He sobbed hard against her neck. He wanted to hide into her. He wanted to get out of the mess he created. For the world he maybe was a leading businessman but for him he wasn't a good husband. He wanted to give her everything only he needed a chance to give.

Krushi heard soft rhythmic snores coming him. He was asleep hugging her.
She softly called his name.
"Wake up"
He didn't wake so she pinched his waist.
He jerked up and pulled away himself from her.
"Not a nice way to wake someone up." He said.
"I called you but you didn't wake so I had to."
"Let's eat orelse it will get sticky."

She served the noodle to him in a bowl.

She sat on the floor with him.
He tried to take the bowl but she slapped his hand.
"Let me feed. You have hurted your right hand. If you eat with the left hand, you will make the floor messy and I would have to clean it."
"Won't you eat?" He asked while eating.
"Bold of you to assume that I will let you to eat all of it alone." She faked an angry face. They both burst out laughing.
They both continued to eat together.