chapter-3 :Abhimaan (part 1)

Abhimaan's POV

Today's the best day of my life. I am going to marry my love 🥰. It still feels like I've met her yesterday. Time really goes too fast.
I still remember the first time I met her. (Thinking dreamily)
Her eyes are as deep as ocean, her hair is as soft as cloud, her skin is so soft.
I had first met her in Delhi . She was a newbie in the college and I was in second year. She looked so simple and naive. I couldn't even take off my eyes from her. She had a different vibe and that made her different from everyone.

After one month of the admission was time for the Fresher's party. There I came to know her name. Her name was also unique as her. I knew I had fallen hard for her and was sure that I wanted to spend my future with her.

I wanted to confess her and I was too afraid to do that. My best friend Vishal Singhal suggested me to be her friend first and then confess her. Me and Vishal are soul brothers and we never got separated from our childhood. Our mothers called us tails of each other. 😅 But it's true. We are truly each other's tail. We both went to same schools , and now we are in same college and same room in the hostel.

I did as Vishal suggested. I put forward my hand for friendship. She readily agreed . I was really happy that day. And after 3 months of our friendship I decided to confess my feelings to her. I still remember that date and time. It was 31st of October.

She was too shocked to listen that. Maybe she didn't expect this. And as expected she didn't. She said no. I was too sad.
I remember how heart broken I was. I persuaded her to give me a chance to make her fall for me but she didn't want to. I followed her for days still she stayed in square one. She didn't even want to give me a chance.

I looked for different ways to make her fall for me in Yahoo ( Google was not there at that time). I sent her roses , chocolates and gifts through Vishal. She never accepted that. It always stabbed my heart when she would reject those.
Once I was watching a movie , there the male lead emotionally blackmailed the female lead whom he loved very much when she didn't accept his proposal. The male lead wanted to jump from the building infront of the female lead. Finally she agreed.
I too thought of doing that. Maybe Kriya was not accepting me as she was afraid of her parents.
I thought to do the same but little different coz if she didn't say the answer and I jump then dude am dead!!! So instead of jumping I thought to drink poison.
================================
{ Dear readers,
I am not in the favour of any things like these. And this story is pure imagination. So don't try to do any kind of stunts like this. If a person is saying no then take it as no. Insisting them will only make the situation worse.}
================================

The next day I asked Vishal to bring Kriya to the garage of the library as it is the only secluded area of the college.

I was nervously waiting for her.
Then Vishal came with her.
She uninterestingly asked, " What do you want to talk about?"

"Kri I just want only one chance to show you my love please agree to it."

"Look Abhimaan you are really a nice boy. You have everything that a girl wants but you are not the one with whom I want to imagine myself. You are like a good friend to me. I haven't seen you more than a senior and an elder brother. So please stop this and focus on your boards that are coming."

" Is it because of my age? Kri it's not my fault that I had an accident and my one year went vain."

" It's not that Abhimaan. Why don't you understand!!! Huh. I don't love you . No means NO. So please stop wasting your time and my time too."
Saying this she went away.
I felt so vulnerable and as planned I drank the poison . Vishal didn't know about this.

Vishal took me to our hostel. On the way I fainted.
When I gained my consciousness I saw myself in a room with bright light . It looked like a hospital. The nurse was checking something . I groaned as my arm was aching.
The nurse then went to call the doctor.
Vishal barged into the room followed by puffed eyed Kriya.
Wait a minute did she cry?

Vishal punched me hard.
"Why the hell did you do that!!?? Do you know if your parents got to know then what would have happened?! You said you loved her . Is this your love? If we had brought you little bit late then you would have been under more critical care. Talking to you is worthless. Why would you do that! You know what don't talk to me."
Saying that he went out not before glaring me and Kriya. He looked damn angry.

Kriya then came to me and suddenly hugged me. She broke down holding me.
"Why did you do that?" She said sobbing.
"Because I want to spend my life with you and you were not ready. I was very sad." I muttered slowly.
She detached herself and looked at me angrily. Her eyes were red, teary and puffed. Her nose and cheeks were also red. She looked like a tomato. She looked really cute but I didn't want to compare her to a tomato in this situation rather I want to see her blushing.
" Are you serious! I was so worried about you. And how can you drink a poison. Are you a mad or what!!! Vishal was too much panicked you know that! "

The doctor then came with the nurse and Vishal too. Doc checked me and said I was completely fine, still I would be kept under observation for sometime.

Vishal still looked angry .
"Yaar I'm sorry." I said but he didn't spare a glance at me. He again went away😟🥺. I was now repenting why I did that. Now my best friend is not talking to me.
I looked at Kriya, she gave me a sad smile and said," I am ready to give it a shot."
" What" I couldn't understand what she said.
"I said I am ready to give you a chance but you should not do any kind of stunts like this. Understood?"
I was shocked at first and really happy that she agreed. I readily nodded my head as I couldn't form words. I wanted to hug her but couldn't as my arm was aching as it was connected to the IV fluid.
My eyes got teary. She came and hugged me again.
When Vishal came , I apologized him and after having an earful session he came and hugged me.

This flashback made me realise that I was too childish. After my boards I went to Cambridge for further studies and maintained along distance relationship with my Kri.
______________________________________