3: The Reunion

Anakin

  We were called to a new mission back at Coruscant. We were assigned to protect Senator Amidala, a great friend of mine and we were actually suggested by her sister, Allana.

  It's been ten years since I've seen Padmé and five since my last word with Lana. We became really close and sometimes I'd feel weird around her, like I used to feel with Padmé when I was nine. I must admit, I was crazy for her, but with the time those feelings were buried in the back of my head.    

  Especially when the youngest Nabierre was around. She had the kind heart of her older sisters but the armour of a warrior. She was able to have ice in her veins whenever she needed to. She's smart, fast, intelligent and a great Jedi. I remember when we used to fight in the training rooms. She beat me four times, and the last time we saw each other I won my fifth one against her. She promised that when we met again, she'd win. I laughed and I've been longing that day.

  Master Kenobi and I were in the elevator, on our way to the Senator's apartment. I felt my whole body sweating and was constantly fixing my robes like I always do when I was nervous.

"You seem a little on edge." Obi-Wan told me.

"Not at all." I lied.

"I never felt you this tense since we fell into that nest of gundarks." He said bringing the memory back to me making me scoff.

"You fell into that nightmare Master, and I rescued you remember?"

"Oh...yes." He said and chuckled, making me do so as well. He looked at me as my gaze was glued to the metal doors before me. "You're sweating. Relax. Take a deep breath."

My eyes met now his side profile. "I haven't seen her in ten years Master, and Allana...I haven't seen her in five."

  We stood in silence as I remembered everything. Last time my eyes met a pair of chocolate brown ones were in the Peace Celebration in Naboo. And when I saw a pair of honey like eyes was when she was sent away to Ryloth on a mission with Master Gallia and Aayla Secura —who was also a Padawan at that time—to continue with her training. Then, for what I've heard, she came back to the Temple the same day my Master and I were sent to Ansion. And now our paths have come across again.

  The doors of the elevator opened and now we were before an old friend, the Gungan Jar Jar Binks. I smiled as he acknowledged us.

"Obi? Obi!" He said cheerfully. "Mesa so smilen to seein yousa!" He said.

"Good to see you again Jar Jar." Obi-Wan told him. He then guided us to the living room of the simple, and yet fancy apartment.

"Senator Padmé." He said. I was looking around and saw three human figures standing in the balcony looking at the sunset of the Capital planet. One of them, a man, he had his hands placed on the balcony's edge. Next to him a female figure with her hair tied up in a big bun was wearing a dress, and to her right another female figure, that, by her posture and clothes, it was obvious who she was and easy to tell them apart. Then, they turned around. "Mesa palos here! Lookie, lookie, Senator" Jar Jar commented. "Desa Jedi arriven." The three of them walked towards us and the two Nabierres smiled at us.

  Obi-Wan bowed as they reached our position, as well as Padmé's maid.

"It's a great pleasure to see you again, Allana, Milady." My master greeted.