33: Doomed

Allana

  "Anakin." Obi-Wan's voice sounded through my communicator. "I'm guessing you didn't capture the Doctor."

"I'm working on it." Anakin answered. "Do you have the bombs?" He asked as I looked around trying to figure out where had the Doctor went through, I placed my hand on his shoulder and pointed at the hallway that's to our right, we began to run in that direction.

"I'm working on it." Kenobi answered. "Doctor Vindi has remotely activated the bombs, they're counting down."

"That's great." I exclaimed sarcastically.

"And on top of that, one of them seems to be missing."

"Is down here somewhere." Anakin said, reaching Ahsoka through his communicator. "Ahsoka, we've got another situation, send all the clones to search the facility we've got a miss—" We almost collided with the Padawan and those troopers she was in charge.

"Master?" She said looking at us.

"We've got a missing bomb and a trigger-happy mad doctor on the loose." I chuckled at his comment.

"Missing bomb?" Asked Padmé.

"We saw Doctor Vindi give a little droid a bomb." I told them.

"You guys split up, find that droid." He left with the troopers he was in charge of, leaving Padmé, Ahsoka, Rex and his men and I there.

"You heard him, let's move." Snips said as we ran through the hallways. "It's so good to see you Smarty." I looked at her and smiled.

"Likewise kid." In that moment we reached a crossways. "Blast, uh okay, Ahsoka, Rex you go that way, Padmé and I will go over here, if someone finds that bomb, stay in position, the rest will get the bomb squad."

"Understood." Said Rex. "Let's move." Everyone began to run, we took the left side while the rest moved forward.

  We ran for a while and from the corner of my eye I saw an open gate. "Wait." I whispered and she stopped her run. We walked in silently, the echo of our footsteps was the only thing that we could hear until I walked a few more steps and heard something whirring underneath the tables with blue plants on them. Padmé was closer and bent down before the place.

"Hello, there, little guy." She said. "How about you hand that over to me?" She said extending her hand but the droid scared her making a movement that made her fall backwards and yell. "He's getting away."

"I know." I rushed behind it and grabbed its leg, making it fall and drop the bomb, once it did I pulled it using the Force but the droid jumped on me so I threw it to the back and Padmé caught it, then, I turned my communicator on. "Ahsoka, we've found the last bomb."

"Stay there, I'll get the bomb squad."

"You better hurry, we're running out of time."

"I'm almost there Master." She said and we waited for a while as the beeping of the bomb just got more and more in my nerves. Soon enough she arrived with the troopers that are part of the Bomb Squad and they deactivated the bomb when it was about to go off.

"Deactivated." I breathed out realising I was holding my breath.

"Ahsoka, are you there?" Ani's voice echoed through the communicators.

"We're here Master, the bomb has been deactivated, did you find Vindi?"

"Deactivated as well." I chuckled. "Lana, are you there as well?"