66: Lost

Cal

I was sleeping peacefully, taking a well deserved nap after a long day of training with Master Plo in duelling. Unfortunately, the afternoon sunlight hit my face and made it hard for my sleep to continue, not to mention the continuous roar of the ships' engines on the other side of the window were being too loud. They work as an alarm.

  My eyes had barely adapted to the sunlight when a repetitive and annoying knock was heard on my door. I sighed knowing pretty well my best mate was about to bust into the room.

"Come in." I sat down and rubbed my eyes with my fingers as the door opened, revealing an excited Caleb. "Hey."

"Dude, you won't believe it." He said as I got up and moved towards the small and dirty mirror that rests on the wall next to the bathroom's door, to fix my hair.

"What?"

"We've been assigned." The tiredness went away and my eyes snapped towards him. He was nodding.

"You serious right now?" He nodded again. "To whom?"

"Depa Billaba." He pointed at himself. "And Allana Naberrie." He pointed at me.

"What?" He chuckled. "I thought I was gonna go with Master Topal." Caleb shrugged. "How do you even know?"

"Well...I overheard them." He sat on the ground. "They we're walking and talking about their new Padawans and a bunch of other stuff, plus, Allana was asking Depa for advice but I didn't hear that because when they started to talk about it, they had already said our names and I ran here."

"Oh."

"Yeah." He sighed as he got up. "You're the luckiest."

"Why?"

"Well, you're gonna work with Naberrie and Skywalker. They're the coolest."

"Master Billaba is pretty cool too, not to mention she was trained by Master Windu."

"True." He walked towards the entrance. "You should get ready, they're probably going to look for us anytime soon." I nodded and when he clicked the door's panel to open it, and it slid to left and right, it revealed two young women standing on the other side. "Oh."

"Caleb." Said Master Billaba.
"Cal." Said Master Naberrie at the same time. "Morning boys."

"Morning Masters." We spoke at the unison too.

"Paying a visit to your friend, Dume?" Asked Depa and he nodded. "Well, come with me, we've got a mission in the Mid Rim."

"Yes Master." He started to walk out. "See you Cal." I waved goodbye as Allana high-fived him after she wished him good luck.

  "How you doing, Kestis?" She asked from the entrance.

"Good Master, how are you?" I answered.

"Good." She smiled. "Think fast." She threw something in the air and I caught it. "That's your new comlink, it's linked to mine and the rest of our team, first requirement: don't lose or break it." I nodded. "Get ready. I'll see you in the hangar in fifteen minutes to introduce you to the 104th, okay?"

"Yes Master." I said enthusiastic making her chuckle.

"I like that energy, you'll need it."

"Really? Why? Where are we going?"

"Felucia." She walked out and the door closed. First assignment as a Padawan and not as a youngling. It sounded amazing. It felt great to finally get a out of these walls and have some action.