Epilogue

Anakin

I found myself sitting on one of the tallest towers of the Temple, my legs hanging from the edge of the floor as my forearm rested on the railing.

  The air was cold and it smelled just the same. Not bad, but not good, the simple scent of the city, I was getting tired of it. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply just to exhale seconds later, simply thinking.

  I felt that everything was so routinely, so the same...I was getting sick of living the same thing over and over again every day. It was as if everything and everyone, included myself, was stuck in a loop, nothing changed, everything seemed so repetitive: people died on this war, people lost their homes, people were not able to laugh as easily as before, everything is the fucking same. I am losing my mind.

I sighed as I heard footsteps behind me, opened my eyes and turned around to find my favourite Jedi walking towards the spot where I was sitting. She smiled weakly at me and I smiled back with the same effort.

I don't know if it's just me, but Lana seems sad. I don't doubt she is with everything that's been happening lately, the war has affected us all in many ways. She's still very beautiful, she grows more beautiful as the days go by, and she remains so kind, and she smiles and laughs but she's sad. She sat beside me as she let out a deep sigh.

"Figured you'd be here." She said after a pause in which we only heard the buzz of the engines from the speeders that flew past us.

"How so?" I asked.

"Well, when we were younger you either hid from the world here or at the workshop. Checked the second location first after reporting to the Council about my mission and, since you weren't there, assuming you'd be here wasn't complicated." I chuckled and nodded, she knows me like she knows the back of her hand. "You still have those habits." I scoffed.

"You're one to talk." She chuckled. "Sunsets are calming, specially after you failed to rebuild a circuit to ease your mind." I said after a while, she looked at me and I simply let out yet another sigh.

"Talk to me." She said softly as she caressed my hair with her fingertips, making me smile weakly. Allana always knew that, whenever I tried to rebuild or fix something, is because things were really upsetting me. And with everything that has happened in the past few weeks, I believe no one could dare blame me for feeling down or overwhelmed. Obviously, no one said a thing, they just patted my back or shoulder and said 'things will get better' as if that ever fucking helped or they simply smiled and nodded before waking away, pretending they know how I feel and thinking that they understand when they actually don't.

"I don't have my head in the game. Everything feels so...empty. I mean, everything is so tiring and I feel exhausted, not to mention that...I miss her." Lana frowned with sadness when my eyes met her face briefly. "I no longer have someone to argue with on a daily basis, or destroy droids with as we compete, someone to talk to that's not Rex or Fives at the Cruiser...you know?" My eyes met hers again and I shrugged. "Yeah...I guess I just miss her." She nodded and continued to run her fingers through the back of my head. I closed my eyes under that touch.

"Me too. We all do." She moved closer to me, my head fell over her shoulder. "I miss someone laughing at me when a plan sounds stupid all of the sudden." I chuckled. "Or rolling her eyes with amusement whenever you and Obi-Wan argue, or Cal and I." I smiled.

"Or someone being sassy whenever I fuck up mid-battle." She laughed alongside me, we stayed in silence for a hot minute as my smile faded while my thoughts continued to float around my head. "I hope that she's okay...wherever she is."