81: To Catch a Jedi

Anakin

"We have to go back to the Temple." I said and we turned around. Lana walked with a limp, so, I placed my arm underneath hers as I moved one of her arms over my shoulder and walked for her; she's so short compared to me that I can carry her by doing so.

"I'm fine, I can walk." She complained as her feet barely touched the ground, only her tiptoes were eventually making contact with the concrete, she groaned. "You are ruining the tip of my favourite pair of boots."

"Shut up, they were ruined long ago, and you know this way it'll be faster." She groaned once again as she rolled her eyes and we made our way out. When we were outside, she checked her ankle and nodded before walking.

  We hopped into a gunship and were taken to the Temple, once there, we presented the case to the Council. Everyone was there, but, before we could speak and give in what we had in favour of my Padawan, Takin showed up and he gave a small briefing of his own.

"After further investigation, there can be little doubt that the clone officers murdered in the escape were killed by none other than Ahsoka Tano herself. She used a Jedi mind trick to convince the clone to open the door and then proceeded to cut him down." He said.

"Excuse me?" Allana asked.

"Yes, General. She did this to other five troopers along the way."

"I'm sorry, but there's an issue with the continuity of your story, Admiral." Tarkin sent her a cold glare. "We've spoken to Fox. He informed us that he took Ahsoka's lightsabers before she entered the detention area of the facility to speak to Letta. How could she be able to cut down the trooper after he opened the door if she was unarmed?"

"I-"

"It appears to me that you're lying. Would you be so judgemental if I had been the one to attend the call and walk out of the meeting?" There was a high pitched silence in the room. She placed him right where she wanted him, in a place where his credibility would be questioned.

  "I do not believe that Ahsoka could have fallen so far." Master Plo commented to ease the tension.

"The beliefs of the Jedi Council are irrelevant. We deal strictly in facts and evidence, and the evidence points to Padawan Tano being guilty of the attack on the Temple and the murder of the Republic officers." Lana scoffed. "Despite her being a Jedi and a minor, we shall proceed as the laws of the Republic dictate." He looked at Naberrie. We side-eyed each other, assuming that Fox delivered a report to the Admiral about our visit to the prison. We frowned.

"You're not proceeding by the laws of the Republic if you're ignoring the basic rights of a citizen!" Lans continued her effort to fight.

"This is sedition!" Said Tarkin and his hologram faded away.

"God, I swear, the moment I see him I'm gonna-" I placed my hand on her shoulder and her whisper was shut up before words she could regret to say out loud in this room escaped her lips. She sighed as everyone looked at each other.

  "Skywalker." I removed my hand from Lana's exposed skin as Master Mundi spoke and crossed my arms. "Was there no way to stop your Padawan before she escaped?"

"No, Master Mundi." I answered the question as I walked and stood on the middle of the room, Lans beside me.

"The Council believes that Ahsoka may be guilty of the crime." Said Windu.

"You can't be serious." We said at the unison, reacting to Yoda's words.

"Believe they are wrong you do, hmm?" Asked Yoda.