67: Fighting For Being Found

Cal

  I was panting. We had divided ourselves, Ahsoka was above while I was underneath. Usually, I don't feel tired that fast or that much but right now, I was lacking air in my lungs and the right side of my abdomen hurts.

  The blasts continued to echo behind us and land not far from where we were, not to mention that the Trandoshan's weren't far behind, their growling sounded distant but not much. I jumped down and landed beside my partner, when I was about to jump down again, she pulled me with her through a branch. I made a twig crack and stopped for a second just to resume the race but we had lost the advantage.

"Duck." She said and we moved underneath the tree trunk and held on to the branches strongly, placing our bodies as close to the wood as possible. I saw a line of ants walking very close to my face and I had to suppress the urge to smack them away. The growl was louder, he was right above us and we held our breaths. In that moment, the pod they were riding was placed right before us.

"Where are they?" Asked one of them.

"These two were faster than most. I've lost the scent." Explained the other guy, gaining a growl in response.

"They can't hide forever." Yeah? Try me. "Mark my words...I'll have them hide and nail 'em to the wall for killing my son." The pod was moved around for the second guy to hop in, and we started to move quickly towards the opposite side and forward to be away from their radar before and if they turned around. When they were gone, we climbed the trunk to sit properly on it and catch out breaths.

  A couple minutes later, we made our way to our hideout, by the time we arrived, night had fallen upon the system. My shoulders felt heavy as the owls that were outside moved and flew upon us before one of them sat on my shoulder, like a guardian.

  When we entered, O-Mer and Jinx were sitting before a consumed bonfire, where traces of smoke crawled out of.

"You made it." Said the Twi'lek.

"We feared the worse." Added his pal as they stood up. Ahsoka and I exchanged looks.

"Where's Kalifa?" Asked Jinx.

"She didn't make it." Tano explained.

"She's dead?" We fell silent. "I...I can't believe it." O-Mer hid his face behind his hands. "She had been here longer than any of us, and now..."

"We're all going to die here." Jinx spoke as he sat down, collapsing, or at the edge of doing so. "It's only a matter of time."

"If its only a matter of time till we die, I say we go down with a fight." I spoke and Jinx scoffed.

"That is suicide." He said. I shook my head.

"Didn't he say that every few days they release new prisoners on the beach?" I asked my Commander, she nodded. "That's our shot."

"We attack that drop ship head-on." Said she and I nodded back.

"They'll never expect it." I added. O-Mer sighed and looked at Jinx.

"Is it worth a shot?" He asked.

"Maybe it is." Said the last one. It took us a minute to nod and hop outside of our spot to run all the way to the beach. When we arrived, we hid behind some bushes on the side of the path in order not to be seen.

  "Get ready." Warned Ahsoka as she looked at us. "We'll have to be swift."

"The drop point is not far." O-Mer pointed out. In that moment, we spotted three little lights that belong to the ship breaking the cloud of mist and then the metallic transport started getting closer. We waited a minute for the signal and then...