18: The strategy

Allana

  We walked out of the conference room after giving our report to the Council. At the beginning everyone was slightly mad at us but after we gave the information we had they changed their mood. The Senate agreed that we should try to do something, that we should attack them back, and so we started planning the assault. Master Plo and Ahsoka stayed at the ship's bridge while Ani and I hoped in the elevator and began our way down to the hangar to meet up with Yularen.

  "Wolffe, can you read me?" I said turning on the communication disk we are given. "Commander, can you hear me?" I asked again when he didn't pick up.

"Yes General, loud and clear now." He replied as soon as his small hologram appeared.

"Good." I said. "Now tell me, are you up for some action?" I asked with a smirk that he quickly returned.

"Always ma'am."

"Well then, bring the pilots of the squadron and yourself to Skywalker's cruiser, we're going to need your help."

"Right away General."

"Thank you." I said and the hologram disappeared. I kept the disk on it's pocket in the back of my belt and looked at Anakin as we walked out, he was awfully quiet. "Are you alright?"

"I am, just...thinking."

"Don't worry, whatever you have in mind will work and we'll be fine."

"I don't doubt it but I don't know if we'll be able to pull it off, that thing is literally is able to destroy everything."

"These are skilled pilots Ani, we'll be fine, now, what do you have in mind?"

"You'll see." He said with a smile that I returned.

  I saw how the ships of my squadron landed and how the pilots walked out approaching me. Anakin kept on walking to meet up with the Admiral while I waited for my men.

"We're here General." Wolffe told me as soon as he was before me.

"Thank you Wolffe." I said and faced my troopers. "Welcome aboard Light Squadron." I greeted. "Now, listen up." I said and they made a circle around me. "We're going to go against a huge Separatist weapon, this thing is able to leave our ships defenseless and without power, we have to be careful." I paused looking deep into each of their pair of eyes. "We'll be working alongside the Shadow Squadron as usual, so, go meet up with the rest, Admiral Yularen and General Skywalker will be giving the details."

"Yes ma'am." They all answered at the same time and proceeded to walk up to the rest of the pilots. I walked beside Wolffe until I arrived beside Ani who dedicated me a proud grin and I placed my hands behind my back while Wolffe took off his helmet and held it against his waist across from where I was standing.

  Then, Ahsoka and Plo walked in, R2 with them. The silver and blue droid placed himself in between us all and projected the hologram of Grievous's ship.

"This strike force has been commissioned by the Senate to hunt down the enemy's new battleship." Yularen started. "As the bulk of our fleets are engaged on the front lines, we'll be on our own." He paused. "General Skywalker has prepared our attack strategy." He added.

"Thank you Admiral." Ani said and proceeded to take a few steps forward. "While our capital ships are are vulnerable to enemy's attack, I believe that a squad of bombers can out-maneuver their ion weapon." Said he pointing at the now bigger hologram of the Separatist's ship. "Our target will be the bridge and General Grievous." He said and everyone started murmuring. I heard how one man from the Shadow Squadron said that Anakin's quite ambitious today and I giggled in a whisper, he was not wrong. "Our bombers will attack at high speed to evade the enemy's ion weapon." The General added and the hologram showed the tiny ships flying and doing what he was saying. "We'll concentrate our firepower on the bridge superstructure, here." He pointed at the tower.