22: The Spy

Anakin

  We were in the base, walking carefully through the hallways until we heard some droids chatting not far from us. I raised my fist indicating everyone to stop, then, I poked my head and spotted the droids, just a pair. In no time Commander Wolffe and Captain Rex moved, the member of the 104th ripped the head off one of those metal things and Rex blasted the other one; then, I moved my hand again and we continued to run through the hallways undetected.

  Soon enough, we reached a computer. "Alright Stubby, get to work." I told the R3 unit.

The droid quickly projected the hologram of the base we were in, Lans kneeled down and started to analyse it from up close.

"We are here." Said she. "The reactors are thirty levels below us, here." She pointed the spot.

"Ahsoka." I called my Padawan's attention. "You take the squad and blow up those reactors." I took off the backpack and handed over to her. "Gravity will do the rest, we'll meet at the landing bay, you, come with me." I told my partner in crime and she frowned as she stood from the ground.

"Right, and where are we going?" Lana asked.

"To have a little look around." I said.

"I hope you find R2 in one piece." Ahsoka answered making me smile as she placed the backpack over her shoulders.

  We started to walk in the opposite direction, I was guiding us using the Force, trying to reach my droid through the hallways in complete silence when suddenly an alarm went off making us stop walking, it was not loud, but we were able to hear it.

"They know we're here." Allana said, and after those words escaped her mouth the echo of droids marching around called our attention, they were behind us, we moved trying to find a place to hide and continue looking for R2, and by the time we did, they were too close. I pulled Lans close to me by the waist and placed my back against a wall, placing hers against my chest, my hand not leaving her waist. Suddenly, our communicators started to beep.

"Come in." I whispered.

"We found the reactor room sir." Rex informed. "The alarm triggered a security door, ray-shielded." He informed as we tried to see if the droids were gone, but there were too many, so I pulled Lans closer and moved to the corner of the wall, making sure to remain hidden.

"This could take a while to bypass." Added Ahsoka.

"Well, good luck with that." Lans whispered and I smiled.

  We waited there for couple more seconds until they were completely gone, and when we poked our heads out, we continued to run towards where my instincts were guiding me. We quickly arrived at a door and when Lans used the Force to open it, we spotted four droids carrying something and some others escorting them, suddenly he beeped.

"R2!" I said and turned on my lightsaber, rushing to get my buddy back. Allana did the same and she started to run behind me, deflecting the blasters of the droids back at them. "Hang on R2!" I added. We destroyed the droids that were shooting at us, but when we reached the door it closed.

Then our bodies tensed, sensing something, but we couldn't decipher what it was so we concentrated in the door, with no use.

"Trying to cut right through it will take some time." I said.

"Yeah, well, there's more than one way to get there." She
commented looking up, spotting a ventilation duct right above our heads. She cut it open and I smiled as her violet saber turned off and she placed herself inside of the duct gracefully and silently with the agility of a Lothal cat.