20: Inconveniences

Anakin

It's been weeks since I was sent to the Outer Rim to protect the strategic world of Bothawui, we've had multiple defeats all thanks to Grievous.

I've been stressed and angry and annoyed about not really knowing how to fight him back, and that just stresses me even more.

Snips, Rex, R2 and I were in the briefing room, Obi-Wan's and Allana's holograms before us.

"Among our most recent losses was the battle group at Falleen." Obi-Wan said. "The Separatist fleet commanded by General Grievous is headed your way."

"Seems like that coward always knows where and when to attack us." Allana commented, taking the words from my mouth once again, I miss her.

"You're heavily outnumbered Anakin, I advice retreat." My old Master suggested.

"If we run, the Separatists will take control of this sector, I can't let them do that." I said.

"And that is your problem."

"Master Kenobi is right." Said Ahsoka beside me. "We should regroup, we don't stand a chance against-"

"Ahsoka."

"Suicide is not the Jedi way Master." Her words shocked me a little, she's wise and speaks strongly for being too young, that always surprises me.

"You should listen to your Padawan." Kenobi added.

"As you listen to yours my old Master?" I asked. "No." I looked at the young girl that's standing to my left. "We're going to stay and fight."

"I may have an idea to defeat Grievous at his own game." Lans said after being awfully quiet for the past minutes.

"So do I." I said and analysed the hologram before me.

"Then, you're going to need reinforcements." Naberrie commented. "The Wolfpack and I are ready, I can go and help."

"Any help is appreciated General." I said and she smiled.

"Don't you have something else to do?" Kenobi asked her.

"Not really, Master Gallia hasn't given me any orders, nor has the Council or you, besides it's just a boring day in Coruscant, so, I'll be there in a moment."

I chuckled. "Well then, we'll be waiting for you." I said and smiled at her, she smiled back before hers and my Master's holograms disappeared.

[...]

I saw how Allana's cruiser jumped out of hyperspace, then, several ships flew out.

"Open the gate." I ordered, than I contacted her ship. "General, can you hear me?"

"Yes Skywalker."

"Very well, you may land now."

"Thank you." Answered she and her ships did so.

Moments later the elevator of the bridge opened revealing the Jedi and her Commander. "Skyguy, Snips, how you doing?" Said she.

"Very well Smarty, what about you?" Ahsoka answered making Lana laugh.

"So you told her your brilliant idea."

"There are no secrets between my Padawan and I you should know that by now." I said.

"Right." She said. "Doing good Ahsoka, hope you missed me enough."

"We did Master." The girl replied making my wife smile.