57: Premonitions Pt. 1

Allana

  The sunlight was bright and it felt warm against my skin. I opened my eyes slowly and let them adapt to the brightness. I breathed in and felt Ani's robotic arm around my naked waist pulling me close, his breath tickled the back of my neck and I smiled. He moved closer and kissed the skin of my left shoulder, then, my eyelids felt heavy and I closed my eyes again, to get five more minutes of sleep.

  After surely more than five minutes, I moved to embrace my husband but I only found an empty and cold spot on the mattress. I frowned and looked around, spotting clothes on the ground and one of the bedsheets on the floor too, the other one was covering me. I heard footsteps and looked at the entrance of the room to find him already showered and dressed up, holding a mug with coffee.

"Hello sleepy head." He said with a smile as I placed my back against the headboard, covering my chest with the blue bedsheet and took off the pendants and the golden necklace to place them on the nightstand. 

"Hi." I said and he sat beside me, offering the mug before kissing my lips. He tasted like mint and smelled like the beverage that is in my mug, as usual.

"Hope you slept well, after all that happened." I chuckled and took a sip. He knows perfectly how to prepare it: not too bitter, not too sweet. A perfect balance.

"I did sleep well, thank you. What about you?"

"Great." I took another sip and looked at the window, then he chuckled. "Sorry about that." He said and I frowned.

"What?" I looked at the zone his fingertips were touching, my collarbone, but of course I couldn't see. "What?"

"Hickey." I sighed and sent him a glare. "Oh, don't look at me like that, you loved it, besides, you gave me a few too. I'm lucky to wear these clothes, they cover my collarbone well."

"Mine cover it too."

"I know." I took another sip, longer than the previous ones. "I gotta go, Snips has a meeting with the Council in ten minutes." I nodded. He sounds like a father and he's not actually one, I smiled. "See you there." He kissed my lips again and then my forehead.

"Sure, good luck."

"Thanks." He walked out of the room. "By the way, I left your breakfast at the kitchen bar."

"Thanks. I love you!" I smiled more as his footsteps echoed getting far and far away towards the entrance.

"I know! Come on R2." The astromech beeped and then the door opened and closed. I smiled more and got rid of the light blue fabric that covered my body and pulled Anakin's black sleep robe with the Force. I proceeded to put it on

  Afterwards, I walked to the kitchen and found a sandwich and a small note: 'in case you wake up too late and i'm gone, good morning lazy girl, see you at the temple, i love you.' I chuckled and ate my breakfast, finishing my coffee alongside it.

  Afterwards I walked up to the bedroom again and tided everything up, starting with the bed, when I picked the dress from the ground, the flashes of last night came back to my head and I smiled again, then, after I placed everything in the washing machine, I went to brush my teeth and take a bath to relax a bit more before going to my stressful job.

  When I had finished washing my skin and hair, I got out of the bathroom and saw the hickeys on my skin through my reflection on the mirror. Damn him. I couldn't avoid a small smile from cracking in my lips as I walked to the closet and grabbed a dark grey, sleeveless shirt that covered my collarbone and —as usual— had no back, skintight dark green cargo pants, my underwear and my boots.