69: Vanished

Allana

The whole team was asked to meet the Council very early in the morning. I woke up in my room at the Temple, got ready and walked out.

As I walked through the hallways, Cal met me half way there, then, Anakin with Ahsoka joined us. We walked through the doors and met with the Jedi of the High Council, of which Obi-Wan is member. When we stood in the middle of the room, we bowed before them.

"Skywalker, Naberrie, Tano and Kestis." Said Windu. "We've got a mission for you."

"What do you need us to do Master?" Asked Anakin.

"Take your battalions to Kiros. Help the people of the colony, you must." I frowned.

"What's going on there?" I asked.

"They are a neutral and peaceful planet, but Dooku arrived and will try to make them join his side." Adi informed.

"But...if they're a known neutral planet, Dooku shouldn't get any closer to them." Anakin pointed out.

"We know, but he has." Windu jumped in again. "They're a society that has no weapons, no soldiers. An armed conflict would destroy them. Master Yoda made contact with them but their leader said that they'd try to negotiate their way out of it."

"We know Dooku too well as to know he won't let them go that easily." I said. "We'll get the legions ready."

"Obi-Wan will go with you." Windu said and, once Kenobi had stood up to stand beside us, the five of us bowed before walking out of the room.

When we reached the elevator, it didn't take us long to contact our Commanders and Captain to get the boys ready and warm up the engines. Everything was ready for departure when we arrived at the hangar, and we hopped in quickly, we don't have a single second to waste.

  While Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan hopped on Skywalker's cruiser, alongside the 501st and 212nd, the 104th, Cal and I hopped on ours. Cody was on board of a separate ship, they were scanning for enemies.

"Kestis." I called as I placed my hands behind my back. Cal reached my side in a second.

"Yes Master?"

"Lace our communications with the rest, would you?" He nodded.

"Right away." He started to work. That should be Admiral Coburn or Lieutenant Flynn's job, but, a week ago, when Ani and I had to go to Naboo, we asked Tano to teach Cal how to properly operate the controls they have access to of the cruisers. He learned in no time. "We're connected." He informed after a minute as the Generals and Rex's holograms popped before us.

"Thanks." I smiled, he smiled back and nodded at me. "Gentlemen, how is it going over there?" I asked.

"We're good." Answered Anakin.

"Cody just made contact." Obi-Wan informed. "He said everything's clear. That there are no Separatist craft in the system." I frowned. The Commander was right. "I don't like the way this feels."

"Neither do we. Even out here, things feels very quiet." I said and Cal nodded.

"I just hope we're not too late." Said my apprentice. It was my turn to nod.

"Same kid." Anakin agreed. "It's been ten rotations since Master Yoda's contact with the surface."

"Let's keep our hopes up and minds clear to figure things out." I commented optimistically. Anakin nodded with a smile. "See you down there." They nodded and I ended the transmission. "Admiral, take us down."