53: Unexpected Alliances Pt.2

Anakin

I woke up, the early morning light blinded me a little but my eyes adapted quickly to the light.

The four of us stayed at the living room of Cassis' house but I quickly realised one of the girls was missing. I got up from the ground and looked outside through the large window, and there she was, with her hands behind her back, her hair braided, the braid crowned her head and few locks were being moved by the wind, she was facing the sun, like a sunflower, I smiled, she enjoys waking up like that sometimes.

After a while, the village woke up, as well as Snips and Obi-Wan. Cassis offered us some fruit and juice as breakfast, I looked out again and she was still there, standing still. I grabbed a plate with food and a glass with juice, then, I walked downstairs and out of the house, the breeze was warm and the sunlight felt like an embrace.

I was a couple steps away but Lana seemed so...calm, so, I decided to walk back towards the house.

"Don't leave." She said and I stopped my movements. "Like you once told me, your presence is soothing." I chuckled.

"Morning." I walked up to her again, she turned around with a smile.

"Hi." She looked at my hands.

"I brought you breakfast." She approached and took the plate and the glass, then, she sat down on the grass and I sat beside her. She ate in silence and I joined that silence, enjoying the noise the leaves produced when the air hit them.

After a while, the farmers started to work on the sillim, placing them in bushels. Sugi and Obi-Wan were taking care of that task, well, making sure there were no problems in the process. Snips and Smarty stayed with the kids and helped place some traps for Hondo and his men while I went to train the rest of the farmers, who had long tools, staffs, on their hands.

The children wanted to see, so, Lans brought them with herself while Ahsoka helped the rest of the bounty hunters. The youngest kid was holding my wife's hand and my heart warmed up, she'll be a great mother some day, I smiled and then focused again, although the thought was still there in my head.

"Alright everyone, form up." I commanded placing my hands behind my back after I had cleared my throat, they were all confused, I sighed. "Uh...divide into rows of five." I shook my head as I breathed out when they just moved around, Lana chuckled.

"I told you, we're not soldiers." Said Dillani as Naberrie placed the small group of kids on a side and helped me out to organise them into the rows, with the right space in between each one to train comfortably. "We don't even have weapons."

"Well." Said Lana looking at the farmer and I approached the little guy who's standing to his left.

"May I?" I asked, offering my hand to take his staff. He hesitated for a second but handed it over. I checked the weight and started to spin it in front of me, then behind me and to a side, stoping it strongly. I continued to spin it over my head and over my shoulders until I pointed with it at the farmers, they seemed surprised, I smiled. "Yep, these'll do." I handed the staff over and turned around, Lana was now behind me, carrying the kid with a smile and a light blush on her cheeks, I smiled at her.

She placed the kid on the ground, next to other one of the kiddos and instructed them all to go with Ahsoka and Seripas while she stayed to help. We placed everyone on formation and she grabbed the staffs an old farmer brought to us, when her eyes met mine she threw one of those staffs towards me. I caught it mid air and we started to teach the locals few defensive and attack moves, helped them maintain their balance and find the balance points to be steady and more comfortable as they fought.