6: The Beauty of Naboo

Anakin

After dinner at the Naberrie's I spent great amount of time with Allana's father. He asked me how bad the situation was with Padmé and I explained everything to him, and how hard my Master is working to prevent any harm on her.

After that, Lana asked me if I'd like to see the rest of the house and commented that she had to pick some of Padmé's belongings from her room, more clothing I supposed. I said yes and we went to find whatever she needed at her sister's room after a short tour of the property.

"So she still lives at home?" I asked as my eyes travelled around the room.

"She moves around so much." Allana explained as she opened a dresser drawer. "She says she's never had a place of her own, but the apartment in Coruscant is the closest thing I think." She pulled out a black dress well bended. "She feels good here, at home."

I walked towards the window and looked at the tree that is outside.
"I've never really had a home. Home was always where my mom was." I explained as she closed the drawer. She was silent as she kept the clothing into a bag her mother gave her. Then I spotted a hologram, by the window. "Hm, is this you?" I asked her. She turned around and walked towards me.

"Yes, I'm that little girl there. It was when Padmé was trying to adapt those children here, but they couldn't. They all died, she was really devastated." She explained. "Oh, and this one." She commented as she moved behind me. Her scent of roses and mint flooded my senses as she did. "This one was on my birthday, I turned two, a day before I left." Her voice turned sad, nostalgic. "We were playing at the gardens, like every other day, but that day specially the flowers of the garden started to bloom. That's why my entire family calls me 'Flower'." She chuckled to herself. "Also, those flowers are called Streptocarpus Alana. That's why I'm named like that, only that my name is spelled with an extra 'l'." I looked at her and she had a smile on her lips. "Stupid and yet, lovely."

"Well, I don't think it's stupid. Rather symbolic, that way you're always present at home even when you're not here." I told her. I saw the pink flowers in the hologram and smiled as I thought that she's as beautiful as they are.

"That's very nice of you." She told me as she placed the bag over her shoulder. "And, believe me, I understand you. But perhaps, home could be now someone besides your mother, a friend, the Jedi, I don't know. But I do think it's lovely that she's always on your mind." She said with a smile as her fingertips held my hand, showing her support.

"Maybe." I said in a whisper thinking about who I'd like to be a synonym of 'home' and how pretty she is when she smiles. "You don't have a bedroom here?"

"No, that's because I don't really live here, when I come for a visit I rarely stay overnight. Sola moved out to a little house couple blocks away and said I could have her room. I'll arrange that the next time."

"If you need help moving things around I could join." She smiled at me.

"I'll let you know. They would love to have you here again." I smiled brightly.

"Would you like a cup of tea or coffee?" Asked Lana's mother and we said yes. She had prepared the beverages already and everyone was settling outside at the gardens. We helped bring all the cups, some snacks and the pots outside and set them on a wooden table built by Mr. Naberrie. We all sat there and enjoyed the very tasteful drinks as the sun went down, hearing the kids' laughter as they played and the distant waterfalls.

  When the sun was about to set, we all got inside. I helped take all the cups I had brought into the kitchen and was able to spot Allana all alone outside. My eyes glued to her figure as she admired the sunset. I was able to feel a pair of eyes on me, I looked to the left and saw Sola smiling. I smiled back and blushed as I placed the cups in the sink.