8: The Rescue Attempt

Allana

After we sat for hours while Ani let go of a part of his pain, noon arrived. We had to leave back to Naboo now.

I changed the nightgown I was wearing for a white skin-tight suit, a pair of boots and a cape, that didn't cover my head, just my neck. I also placed my hair up in a low bun. I grabbed a belt that held my blaster and lightsaber, the shoto one, I thought it was a better idea to bring the one that could be lost and it'll be fine...more or less.

Cleigg wanted to dedicate some words to his late wife, and we all stood there in silence listening to what he had to say. He spoke words of sadness and yet relief, relief that she was now in a better place, wherever Shmi was now. He said how much he loved her and thanked her for everything she did.

Then Anakin walked up towards her stone and kneeled down before her, his words were just a whisper. I saw how he grabbed the hot sand and held it tight in his fist. He apologised for not being strong enough to save her, but made the promise of never failing again. He also told her that he misses her, and I felt my heart breaking for him again.

Then R2 started to beep, calling everyone's attention.

"R2? What are you doing here?"  I asked. The droid beeped again.

"It seems that he is carrying a message from Obi-Wan Kenobi." 3PO told us as Anakin approached me from the back. "Master Ani, does that mean anything to you?"

Anakin and I looked at each other and after we thanked Beru and the Lars for their hospitality, we walked towards the ship.
Once there, R2 played the message, surprisingly, 3PO came with us.

"Anakin, my long-range transmitter has been knocked out, retransmit this message to Coruscant." The Master ordered, and we did as he asked. I clicked one button and the message was sent in real time to the Jedi Temple. "I have tracked the bounty hunter Jango Fett to the droid foundries on Geonosis. The Trade Federation is to take delivery of a droid army here, and it's clear that Viceroy Gunray is behind the assassination attempts on Senator Amidala." He informed and a shiver made its way through my spine, but it wasn't fear, it was anger. "The Commerce Guilds and the Corporate Alliance, have both pledged their armies to Count Dooku and are forming a-" He said and paused as he looked at something coming towards him. "Wait, wait." He said as he turned his lightsaber on as he deflected the blasts of a Destroyer.

I frowned and started to worry for the Jedi Master as my eyes traveled from the blue hologram before me to Kenobi's apprentice. Then Master Windu spoke.
"Anakin, we will deal with Count Dooku. The most important thing for you is to stay where you are. Protect Naberrie as if she's the Senator at all costs. That is your first priority."

"Understood Master." He said as his gaze fell from the hologram to his hands. After that, the transmission was over.

I looked at Ani as I created a small plan on my head.
"They'll never get there in time to save him. They have to come halfway across the galaxy, look." I told him as I turned around the pilot chair where I was sitting to the controls where I showed him how far we were. "Geonosis is less than a parsec away."

"If he's still alive." Anakin commented dryly.

"Are you just gonna sit here and let him die? He's your friend, your mentor, he's-"

"He's like my father!" He yelled. "But you heard Master Windu, he gave me strict orders to stay here!"

"Alright fine! Here's the thing Skywalker." I said as I looked deep into his blue eyes. "He gave you the order, not me." I commented as I turned around and turned the engines on. "I'm going to help Obi-Wan." I turned around to face him once more. "If your plan is to protect me, sorry, but you'll just have to come along." I started to click buttons for the ship to turn on and after I placed the coordinates, we started to fly away.