16: Feelings

Allana

Ani and I were walking by ourselves carrying the backpack as the weather turned colder and colder as the seconds went by.

We walked for couple more hours until we heard a speeder approaching, suddenly he was before us, Count Dooku himself, the one that almost got us both killed. Anakin and I grabbed our sabers and turned them on, blue and violet light surrounded us.

"Surrender the Hutt or die Jedi." The old man threatened, he then threw his Force lightnings at us, that, thanks to Ani, I know the description of the feeling, we blocked them successfully and then he took out his own laser sword.

He started to attack us mercilessly, and we defended ourselves. The only noise was the one the lightsabers emitted every time they collided against one another, it echoed as if just the three of us were in the universe, not one of us said a word.

I avoided an attack that went straight to my face quickly and then, the Count tried to attack Anakin from above but he blocked it.
"Your training has gone a long way boy." Said the Count. Skywalker pushed him backwards and then I attacked the man that once was a Jedi Knight, Anakin and I alternated each other's attacks against the Separatist Leader, switching whenever we started to feel too tired. "Ah, now I remember, this was your home planet wasn't it?" He teased Anakin. "I sense your strong feelings, feelings of pain...loss." Dooku said and got what he wanted, he bothered the beast.

Anakin used the Force to push the sand towards the man before us, but he blocked it neatly, then, he used the same strategy but sent it stronger, making us fly backwards. Ani's saber was thrown away from his hand as he fell, and when Dooku was about to attack him I jumped in the middle, avoiding the thrust.

"Interesting." He said as soon as his eyes made contact with mine. "I never got the pleasure to see you up close." He told me. "The resemblance between you and the Senator is incredible."
"Now you know why fooling you was so easy." I teased him and Anakin got up from the ground as Dooku pushed me and I rolled over on my back, sand getting everywhere, Dooku was behind me. "It was you back in Geonosis." He assured as I blocked his attack from the behind without even facing him. "That is the art the Nexu gave you to remember it."

I turned around quickly and blocked another attack, still on the ground, I groaned when the pressure and strength of his attack were making my arms feel numb but I managed to push him away using the Force. He fell on his back but quickly stood up and used the Force too, but decided to choke me instead, he raised my body from the ground and I let go of my saber when I tried to release the feeling of my throat contracting.

"Pity, now you and the Senator will die." He said as all the air in my lungs was drained. "How poetic." When his red saber was about to stab me, my hero arrived, blocking the impact and pushing him away afterwards, making him loose concentration and therefore, letting my body fall with a loud thud on the sand.

In the middle of their fight and as I tried to recover my breath coughing loudly, the Count was able to cut the backpack by the half. Both of us panting on the ground as the Sith stood tall. "You failed Jedi, I have just killed Jabba's son."

"I told you that fooling you was easy." I commented with a raspy voice, consequence of the attack.

"You've fallen for our little trick Count." Anakin said with a proud grin. "It's nothing but rocks, the Huttlet is with my Padawan, safely at Jabba's palace."

"I expected such treachery from a Jedi." Dooku said. "I assure you my web is strong enough to catch your insignificant little Padawan."

"She's more skillful than you think." I whispered.