43: Doubles

Anakin

  She was standing by the balcony, reclining her body on the railway. Her curly hair was loose dancing to the wind that played a soft melody as well as the dress ruffles. I smiled at the view.

  After the case with the Holocron, the children and Bane, Lans talked to Master Yoda, he told her that she should stay away from battle, take some time for my mind to rest, so, she decided to go to Ryloth, where I know she stayed with Cham and Eleni at Lessu, the Capital, met with Nilim and the now more grown up Numa and enjoyed a great time. During those days I was sent back to Ansion after a long while of not being there and then to Christophsis, a planet that we seem to never free of the Separatist forces.

  I was now back at Coruscant. The sky was pink and purple, a combination that only the sky here possessed and the city lights started to glimmer as the night fell. 3PO greeted me and in no time, she sensed me, turning around to face me, a bright smile on her features. "Anakin." She whispered and I heard her even if she spoke under her breath. She rushed upstairs towards me. "That will be all 3PO."

"Are you sure Miss?" The golden droid that's always here with her asked.

"Yes 3PO, now, go." I smiled at her and we didn't waste a second, Lans threw herself into my arms, warping hers around my neck, pulling me close. I hid my face in her neck inhaling her scent and left short and warm kisses on the skin the cyan blue, cotton dress and long sleeves with fancy lace let me see and feel, like her neck, her collarbone and her shoulders. My available arm rested around her waist.

I lift her up and spinned her around, making her chuckle against my neck, then, I placed her feet back on the ground. We smiled at each other as the long awaited meeting was finally happening.

"I...brought dinner." I pointed at the trade I was carrying, she frowned, my smile not leaving my face, nor hers.

"How did you manage this?" She asked giggling softly.

"I had to hitch a ride on a cargo freighter."

"What happened to your military transport?"

"Eh...it blew up." I smiled as I made my way to the couch, she followed behind. "Anyway, the freighter captain was bringing a shipment to a restaurant here and he gave me something to bring home." She stopped walking and looked at me with surprise in her beautiful eyes. "We just have to-" I looked at her and frowned with a smile. "What?" I chuckled at her expression.

"You called this...a home." Home. That's a big word with a deep meaning. I'm sure she remembered how I used to say that home was wherever my mother was, after she passed away, I avoided the word, instead I'd say: 'I'll see you there', 'we'll meet at the apartment', 'I'll be waiting at our place' but never 'home'. I smiled at her.

"Well, what else would I call it?" I kissed her lips quickly and grabbed her hand, her chuckle echoed behind me. "Home is wherever you are my love." She chuckled again.

"You know? Padmé gave me something that I think I still have here somewhere."

"It must be something nice, I'm sure." I looked at her, left the trade on the small table that's in front of the sofa, and sat down.

"It is and it'll be perfect, five-blossomed bread, my specialty." My wife smiled, placing her hands behind her back innocently.

"You have a specialty?" She scoffed. 

"I do, I know how to make lots of things, more than you do." It was my turn to scoff. "I used to visit my family every now and then like I still do but when I was younger and my mother taught me to cook every single day I spent there and...I've been saving it for a special occasion." I smiled and extended my hands for her to take them, then, I pulled her close, making her sit down on my lap.