77: A War in Two Fronts [Marathon - 3]

Allana

  I woke up when the rain started hitting the window. I smiled. This weather in particular is pretty to me, calming even. When I breathed in deeply and extended my hand to the left, I found a cold spot on the mattress. Meaning, Anakin has been gone for a while and may be at the Temple.

  I confirmed that when I walked into the kitchen and found R6 all alone, without his companion, in the living room. After eating some toast and tea, and unfortunately vomiting right after, I dressed up and the two of us left towards the Temple. Not without leaving 3PO as the responsible of the household.

  When we arrived, we immediately dried ourselves and then, we made our way to the training rooms, where I would be assisting a lesson. To my surprise, Anakin was already there. He was teaching the Younglings how to deflect blaster fire by using the form four technique...but with his own adjustments. I smiled and reclined my weight on the door frame while he started to count the steps, from one to seven. He then repeated the series of movements. When his eyes landed in mine, he smiled and stopped.

"Practice these exercises mindfully." He turned his lightsaber off. "And you'll see improvement. I promise." He breathed in and out with a smile. "Start practicing without the blasts for now, mind your movements and I'll be back in a minute." The kids turned on their practice lightsabers and they started mirroring what Anakin had done previously as he approached me. "Good morning." Said he, crossing his arms.

"Hey." I said. "Why did you start without me?"

"Because you were late. I had to lie, saying you were in a meditation session and that the duel practice will have to be postponed."

"Late? How late?"

"About thirty minutes late." My eyes opened wildly. "You like to sleep in, what can we say about that?"

"That's not true." I sighed as he giggled. "That's the only problem about the rainy weather here. Sunlight can't be seen." He nodded.

"Wanna take over for a moment?"

"No, this is your lesson now. When you're done, we'll move on to duelling."

"I don't think we'll have time for that today."

"Then it'll be tomorrow." He nodded and turned around.

"Alright everyone, form a line behind..." They all started raising their hands to be the first ones in line. "Katooni." She smiled to herself and high-fived Ani when he walked past her to be at the end of the line beside me and have a more extended look of what they're doing and where to improve.

  And practice started. Most of them did a good job and those that didn't only needed to move their elbow a bit up, or hold the lightsaber tighter. But overall, everyone did great. After a while, the session was over. We didn't have time for duelling, indeed. But we promised that Friday was the day.

  When everyone walked out and they directed themselves to the courtyard to meet with Master Yoda, Anakin's communicator started to beep.

"Skywalker, here." He said.

"Hello, Master." Said Ahsoka.

"Snips, hey. How's everything going over there?" A short pause.

"Not so well. We need to talk to you." We looked at each other.

"Give us five minutes. I'll contact you in a moment." Anakin finished the transmission and we made our way to the briefing room, finding Obi-Wan there. He had already wrapped a meeting with his special unit. "Hello, Master." Kenobi turned around.