1: The Beginning of the Line

Allana

"Ugh, that's hard!" I screamed as my body felt tired and I fell, colliding against the cold and hard floor with a soft thud. of the training room. "I- I can't do it Master."

"Wrong." Adi commented, the one who brought me to the Temple eventually became my former Master. She always says that I'm too strong, and that I'm stronger than a twenty five year old for being just eight. "You can do it, the problem is you think you can't."

"Would you be kind enough to remind me why are we sword fighting the exact day that we'll be going to celebrate peace at my home planet? Please? It's supposed that there's peace in the Galaxy."

"Because you have to be prepared." She said as she jumped to where I was and I incorporated, washing the drops of sweat off my forehead, feeling my hair sticky against the back of my neck. While she was in the air, she turned her green lightsaber on and I knew I had to defend myself, so, I enlightened mine too. When her feet hit the ground, it made impact with my light violet ones. "Always be prepared." I jumped up after I rolled over the ground and she attacked me again, gaining and gaining ground. "You have to learn that peace...will not be eternal, you must feel it." I blocked a thrust that went for my head. "A knot in your chest." I dodged the one that was coming from the left. "In the mouth of the stomach." She made a swift movement that could've chopped me by the half if I didn't do a backflip. "Feel danger approaching, sense it with every single one of your senses." When those last words came our of her mouth she extended her hand and pushed me backwards using the Force, but I made my legs stand their ground. "You have good defence, third form looks good in you." She commented as she smiled.

I scoffed pushing one of my brown locks behind my ear. "Thanks, I learned from the best."

"If that's so, let's see how well she taught you to attack." She pointed at me with her saber and I smiled as I spinned my lightsabers to get comfortable again.

I ran towards my Master and friend and started to attack her. As Padawans, we were instructed with the first form but I've adopted a different one, a mixture of the fourth and fifth combat forms, when I tried to use two lightsabers, form five made the reverse grip I have for defence easier and attacking was faster.

I started to gain the ground that I previously lost when she attacked me, the curved shape of the handle of the sabers made it easier to fight.

  Our lightsabers made a terrible noice as they collided with each other. I was jumping around the platforms that were there at the training room as a thin layer of sweat covered my forehead again, I don't like trying to be acrobatic, it consumes energy in my opinion but I had to learn, to be prepared like she wants me to.

She successfully blocked all my attacks, but when I had her almost cornered against the wall, I pushed her backwards and —surprisingly— she lost her balance. I jumped and kicked her abdomen, when she tried to get up, I kicked the lightsaber off her hand, disarming her. The edge of the violet, whitish blades of the lightsabers were inches away from her neck as we recovered our breaths.

"That...that was good." She told me, as she stood up.

"Thank you, Master." I said turning the sabers off and clipping them to my belt. When I did, I felt something approaching me from the back, besides, the noise a lightsaber does when it's turned on it's hard to miss. I jumped backwards and pulled her saber with the Force towards my hand, grabbed it and pointed at her with it. "Really? From the back? That's a low one."