68: Sacrifice, Promises and Oaths

Allana

The raindrops hitting the window woke me up. I breathed in as I turned around and felt Anakin's breath against my forehead. I smiled as I hid my face in the hollow of his neck. His embrace around my waist intensified. I smiled.

"Hi." Said he with a raspy voice.

"Hi." I greeted back and breathed in, my eyes still closed.

"We should stay like this. We deserve a day off, specially after last mission's success." I smiled.

"Yeah."

"I told you I'd beat you next time we went swimming." I scoffed. "Surprising."

"You won once. And I'm just as surprised, desert boy." He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "We should stay like this." He nodded and we did stay like that...for twenty minutes, until my comlink beeped. I sighed and incorporated to take it from the nightstand. "Naberrie here."

"Allana." It was Padmé. "I need your help." I frowned as my eyes met Anakin's and we incorporated to sit down. That sentence woke me up quickly.

"Is everything okay? Are you okay?"

"I am. Naboo isn't. I received a distress call from the Queen saying that things are very tense between the people on the surface and the Gungans...again."

"How so? I thought things were fine."

"Not since rumours about the Gungans plan to aid the Separatists in an attack on Theed raised among the crowds."

"But that's insane, they would never do that. Has Jar Jar spoken to them and dialogued with the Queen?" I stood up and made my way to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. This was too much to handle at first time in the morning.

"Not yet, he's talking to his people as we speak. They're forcing me to go and I want a personal escort."

"You fear being in danger?"

"No. But you have good ideas and are perfect for thinking and talking strategy." I chuckled as I poured the dark beverage into a pair of mugs. Anakin arrived in no time to take his own, and he drank it just like that, not even adding sugar to it. What a weird human being.

"Thank you."

"Sure." I placed the sugar on it, mixed it and took a sip. Then, I sighed.

"When and where do I meet you?" I started drinking the hot beverage. Thankfully it wasn't as hot as to burn my tongue.

"My apartment, thirty minutes. Bring Anakin with you." He stopped drinking his coffee and looked at me with a frown.

"Me? Why?" He asked in a whisper.

"He's asking why." He rolled his eyes with a smile.

"I'll need your team work in dealing and solving circumstances quickly in case things get out of hand." He nodded and we chugged down the coffee to start getting ready.

"He's coming. And don't worry, everything will be fine. Keep your mind optimistic and leave the pessimistic mood to me." She chuckled as we walked back into the bedroom.

"Thanks. See you in a bit."

"Bye." We looked at each other and started to get dressed with our usual clothes. I braided my hair in two and made a low bun with the braids, grabbed my belt and clipped it around my waist just to place my lightsaber in place. Once that was done, we brushed my teeth and headed out.