54: Death Trap

Anakin

Windu and I are on board of the Endurance, today we were going to receive a group of Cadets to show them a Jedi cruiser and how it operates.

I'm not the biggest fan of working with young children, I think it's dangerous. That's Lana's field, she truly enjoys it, but, she couldn't come, instead, she stayed with Ahsoka to train a group of younglings at the Temple, although, for some reason, I was excited to meet the kids, at the end, they, most certainly, will end up serving side by side with us, until wars is over, although I didn't wish for them to enter the battlefield, it's a nasty place to be.

"Morning troops." I said as soon as we met the small squadron.

"Welcome aboard the Jedi cruiser Endurance." Said Windu to my left. "I am Mace Windu and this is-"

"Anakin Skywalker." I can introduce myself Master, thank you very much. "Welcome aboard, today you'll see how a real working Jedi cruiser operates, and you'll have the chance to serve alongside two Jedi Knights." I smiled at them, specially when several excitement comments echoed in the hallway.

"What?"
"Wow."
"Serious?"
"No way!"
"Jedi! Awesome!" I could feel Windu's gaze on me but I didn't care, these Cadets deserve to know how their life will be in the future.

"Generals." The Commander called our attention. "New orders from General Kenobi await you at the War Room, immediately." I nodded and repressed a sigh.

"Another time then." They looked slightly disappointed before we walked away but, even if we were a few steps away, their comments managed to get to my ears, some of them made me smile.

"Wow, the other guy's Anakin Skywalker."
"I heard he's the strongest Jedi." That's flattering, I sighed.

"You seem more disappointed than our Cadets." Said Windu to my right.

"It's our job to instruct and inspire." I commented.

"You just wanted to show off." I scoffed.

"Hey, when I show off it is instructive...and inspiring."

"For you, maybe." I shook my head as we entered the next hallway, and after a while, we entered the War Room. Obi-Wan's hologram was standing there, and after he greeted us, he gave us orders to stay in the sector and keep eyes opened, he had a feeling but didn't exactly know what it was about, he also gave us information about the ongoing battles and how was everything.

After the little chat was done, Mace said he wanted to go to his quarters, so, I did the same. As I walked towards the room I borrowed here, a shiver went down my spine, not because it was something bad or anything, it was just...what?

"Lana?" I whispered as I saw the confused average height woman before me, she was looking around but when I called her name her eyes snapped towards me, she frowned.

"This is a new one." She said, her voice had a soft echo on it, as if she was an actual Angel or a ghost.

"What are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to be at the Temple? How did you get here?"

"I am at the Temple, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be with the Cadets."

"I'm here at the cruiser...how is this possible?" I approached her and she did the same. When I was about to open my mouth again, I head troopers behind me. I turned around and they made a salute before me, I nodded my head at them, when my eyes went back to the front to meet my Angel's, she was gone. I looked around and she was nowhere to be found. I sighed and shook my head, she was right there, before me, what was that?