29: Threats

Allana

I decided to stay and take guard for Anakin overnight but as the minutes went by, keeping my eyelids open was getting harder. I knew we were safe for now, so, I closed my eyes. Just five minutes. When I opened my eyes again, the moonlight wasn't shining anymore, instead, the red dawn light filtrated through the pod's little windows.

"You suck at taking guard." His raspy voice spoke.

"Shut up." I told him as I saw the blue eyes that have been driving me crazy for so long. "You probably just woke up, how would you know?"

"I don't know, I'm just bothering you." He said as I smiled at him, I felt relief on my chest, as the thought of loosing him flashed through my head making me look down to my hands. "I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"Making you worry like this." He answered and I smiled.

"Just, don't push me and get all the impact yourself next time okay?" I told him as I reached for his hand and he smiled. "We have a plan and I can't do it alone...I can't do it without you."

He smiled. "I know." A small smile made its way through my lips but it was a sad one.

"I can't live without you." He sighed and squeezed my hand with a smile that matched mine.

"I wouldn't be able to either...I love you." I chuckled.

"I love you too." We stayed in silence for a minute just holding hands and looking at each other as we heard how the birds sand good morning to one another to start their day in the most lovely way.

"You know, when I said that I'd like to be alone with you after our missions ended I definitely didn't mean it this." I chuckled and he did the same.

"I know." I let go of his hand when I sensed Snips coming to check on her Master beside Wag Too. "Morning." I greeted them and they greeted back. Then, the healer placed a few bandages around Ani's head, abdomen and chest.

"General?" Said Wolffe behind me by the door.

"Yes Commander?" I answered, as well as Skywalker.

"We've got a Separatist ship incoming."

"What?" I asked.

"This is neutral space." Said Wag Too behind me.

"Sorry to tell you buddy, but it won't be neutral for so long, not if the Separatists have their way." Ani said and then grunted in pain. "Help me up would you?" He added and when he sat, he groaned again.

"Don't move." I said bending down in front of him.

"I'm sorry, but you're still too injured to move." Wag Too added. Them, we heard engines whirring outside and seconds later the Lurmen leader walked in.

"What menace have you brought to our village now Jedi?" He asked angrily.

"Father." Said Wag. "You can't blame them."

"He's right." Added Ahsoka. "The Separatists don't even know we're here." Anakin sat down.

"And they can't know." I said. "We've got to hide."

"Your presence here endangers us." Said Wag Too's father. "You must leave before your enemies find you."

"But you'll need our help." The young girl said. "You can't fight them alone."

"We will not fight them at all." He explained. "We would rather die than to kill others."

"You're going to surrender? But how can you-"