13: Teth

Allana

  We were on board our cruiser right above Teth. Ani had previously asked the scouts to meet up with him, that way we'd know what we were up against. I was able to see Ahsoka with the troops in the background, talking vividly, making me smile.

  The Lieutenant's ship landed and we approached them.
"Lieutenant, did the kidnappers see you?" Anakin asked.

"No sir, we're the best scouts in the regiment." He answered.

"Good to know." I commented. "What about the bounty hunters? Are they still down there?"

"I don't think so ma'am, we haven't seen them in a while."

"Well, what are we up against?" Ani asked them. The Lieutenant pulled out a hologram of the monastery where Hutt's son is.

"Looks like at least two droid battalions are protecting a monastery, it's heavily fortified Generals, you won't be able to land there." Then he turned it off.

"Good work, and thank you." I said as I placed my hands behind my back.

"Now, go get some rest." Anakin told them.

  Afterwards, we started walking towards the place where the kid was talking to the clones about our little adventure on Christophsis.

"That sounds like a lot, even for a Jedi." One of the troopers said as we both stopped walking and smiled at the Padawan. The clones saw us and smiled at us just to turn back their attention to the young girl.

"I heard you were surrounded by droids, how did you even get the shield down?" Another soldier asked.

"Okay, so there's a wall behind them with a hole in the middle." Ahsoka started and a smile made its way through my lips again. "So I pull the wall down on top of the droids, destroying them and saving the Generals." She finished, and everyone laughed, included ourselves.

"Is that true sir?" Rex asked Ani.

"Well, most of it." He answered with a smile. "Care to do the honours?" He asked me.

"Not at all General." I smirked and so did he. "Alright men, we still got a job to do, let's get going shall we? Get the ships ready, it's gonna be a tough one." I said firmly.

"Yes ma'am." Rex said. "You heard the General, move it!"

"All right, back to business!" Another clone yelled.

  "Would this be a good time to teach you that a Jedi is humble, my young Padawan?" Anakin asked Ahsoka behind my back as we all walked to our ship.

"Sorry, just trying to keep the boys inspired, that's all." She answered, making me laugh.

[...]

  Our ships had now entered the system and we were on our way as an incoming transmission of Master Kenobi arrived.  We played it, anxious to hear what had happened with the Hutt's.

  "Alright, here's the story." Obi-Wan's hologram started as I placed the hood of my robe over my head. "Jabba has given us only one planetary rotation to get his son back home to Tatooine safe and sound."

"Won't take us that long Master." The Jedi beside me spoke.

"Well, take extreme care, we have no idea who's holding Jabba's son, when I finish negotiations with him, I will join you." The Jedi Knight said. Once the transmission was over, we were flying in deep silence, for a moment at least.