72: Deception Pt. 1

Anakin

  Few weeks have gone by since the success in Kiros. And there've been a bunch of successes, for example, getting medical aid to the troops in the Outer Rim and returning without a scratch, the tiring hours of training and the capture of the terrorist threat, Moralo Eval.

  Our cool team was having dinner at Dex's diner, there, Obi-Wan started telling us about the rumours that were coming and going through the Underworld of Coruscant about Eval and his plotting against the Chancellor when, from one moment to another, his communicator beeped and he asked to be excused. He stood up to answer the call while Lans, Cal, Ahsoka and I finished eating our french fries.

When my Master returned, the milkshakes of the kids arrived too, but, he said we had to go. The Padawans were sad, but, Lana convinced them of coming back tomorrow for breakfast so that they had the milkshakes.

"So, what's the big rush?" I asked Obi-Wan as we walked towards our transport and after he asked us to hurry up as I payed and everyone stood up.

"The Jedi Council has called an emergency meeting." He answered and I sighed.

"I can see it now. Another long, boring debate." Lana giggled.

"Would you rather they call you in to train the younglings?" Asked she. I chuckled.

"Are you crazy? I've had enough of that and now these two are here." The Padawans played offended. I chuckled and Lana laughed until, all of the sudden, her laugher quieted itself. "What?"

"Find cover!" She had answered as blaster was fired and the blast made impact close to my right, in between Obi-Wan and I.

"Over there!" I told them and we divided ourselves to hide behind a bunch of boxes that were to the left and right, flanking our ship.

"Any idea where that shot came from?!" Asked Obi-Wan as another shot hit the box that covered him.

"A sniper, I see him up there!" Said Snips, pointing to the top of a building.

"Alright, here's the plan." Said Obi-Wan. "Anakin, Ahsoka, flank him to the right; Allana, Cal, cover the lower streets. I'm going after him." We nodded, took our weapons and turned them on before we ran.

  Allana and Cal ran down the street, pushing the civilians away from harm while my apprentice and I ran to the right building and jumped to the top. We waited for a couple seconds, looking and spotting the sniper, and he spotted us at the same time, for he fired at us continuously.

  When he turned around, we ran after him. And man, the guy's fast. Snips and I continued running as we lost Obi-Wan from sight, thinking he was much ahead but...

"We lost him!" I informed through the communicator. "Guys, do you have anything?"

"Nothing down here." Allana answered.

"Obi-Wan, do you have anything?" He didn't answer. I saw him stepping out and getting shot. He screamed and fell off the building on top of some boxes on the ground. "Obi-Wan!" I yelled as Allana herself screamed. She approached him and then looked at me as she held him.

"I've got him! Go!" She instructed.

"Ahsoka, go with them." I told her before I ran after the attacker. When I spotted him, I jumped from one building to another. I ran again and when I was getting closer, he hopped on a speeder and drove it, seconds later, he let go of a smoke bomb. That was enough to cover the direction he was escaping on. I ran back as fast as I could, finding my wife with one of our best friends laying on her arms, and a boy and a girl looking sad and confused as they asked everyone to step a bit away. "How is he?" My Master wasn't moving. His eyes closed. "Allana?" She looked at me with her eyes filled with tears. Her lips tried to articulate words but nothing came out of her mouth. My eyes widened. "Obi-Wan?" I stepped closer and placed my hands on his shoulders as I bent down. "Obi-Wan?!" I shook his body. "Obi-Wan!" I looked around and the medical transports were already here. "Please! Help him!" I asked as the med-droids picked him up. "He...he can't-"