38: Hostage Crisis Pt.1

Anakin

It's the end of the week, yesterday we arrived at Coruscant and we were in the Senate, I was hanging out with Allana as she sat and typed things on Padmé's computer, she was wearing a lavender dress that was covered by a purple, thin vest. Her hair was up in a tall ponytail held by a golden accessory that matched the choker around her neck.

She told me that the Senator asked her to cover her today since she wanted to stay at their home planet to make sure things were fine with the Gungans, I was sitting on the chair that's on the opposite side from where she was sitting to her right, my left.

"Hey." I called her, she raised her eyebrows asking what's up without saying any words. "I'm supposed to be on a meditative retreat, we should go away together." I stood up. "I know a place away from here, where no one would recognise us." I walked up to the large window that's behind her, her hazel eyes glued to the blue screen before her. "Yeah...it'll be like we're actually husband and wife, instead of Jedi and Jedi."

"It's not like even if we're both Jedi we're not husband and wife." She said with a soft chuckle, then, she paused and sighed. "Besides, I-I can't Ani."

"What do you mean you can't? Come on, it's only two weeks." I looked at her. "We'll be back before anyone even notices we're gone." She finally looked at me.

"I just returned after a two weeks break."

"Health break."

"And what do you think that a 'meditative retreat' is for?" I remained silent. "Mental health break." She smiled. "Plus, Senator Amidala has to bring this bill before the Senate, and I don't really know what I'm doing, and it's important, like, avoiding a vote kind of important." She pointed at the screen.

"Uh-huh." I smirked as she turned her eyes back at the screen. "More important than the way General Naberrie feels about me?" She sighed.

"It's not more important, but important, and you know perfectly how I feel about you." She looked at me with a frown, she still has a hard time to figure whenever I'm making fun of her. "The work she does-" She paused. "The work the three of us do is in service to the Republic, to protect those who would otherwise be powerless to protect themselves."

"Of course, but those are ideals, isn't our love more important to you?"

"No, but I-"

"No, no 'but'." She looked at me, I smiled. "To me there's nothing more important than the way I feel about you." Her eyes met mine. "Nothing."

"Nor to me, and you know that, but please don't be so-" She stood up.

"You don't believe me." I bothered her.

"I never said that."

"I'll prove it."

"What is going on with you?" She smiled and I chuckled. "You're more romantic than usual."

"Just listen." She chuckled. "When I finished constructing my lightsaber Obi-Wan said to me." I took it from my belt. "Anakin, this weapon is your life." I mocked his accent and she giggled again. "This weapon is my life." I placed it before her, handing it over.

"No, I can't, your lightsaber is-" I took her hand gently and placed the handle on her palm. "Heavier than mine." She smiled. "I've picked it up before but I never noticed that."

"It's yours." I said once her eyes met mine again. "My life is yours." She smiled. "Believe me now?" I smiled.

"I never said I didn't believe you silly." She sighed with a tender smile that matched mine, she figured it out. "You're making fun of me again anyway, if you're just here for that-" I placed my hand on her shoulder when she tried to sit down again, her body relaxed under my touch, she's stressed about covering Padmé today, more than usual for some reason.