30: Defenders of Peace

Allana

  We arrived by daybreak, and as soon as we landed we rushed outside, Anakin being the first one to walk out, followed by Ahsoka and me.

"Everyone, please listen." I called their attention. "The Separatists will be here in any moment."

"What are you doing here?" Asked Tee Watt Kaa. "I told you not to return." He added angrily as Wag Too tried to calm him down.

"I'm afraid the Separatists don't care wether you're in the war or not." Anakin told him as we walked up to where they were. "We need to get you to safety before they arrive."

"We will not abandon our homes."

"But they've got a new weapon." Ahsoka jumped into the conversation. "It'll burn this place to a crisp, is this what all of you really want?" She asked raising her voice at the end for more people to hear her.

"If it is our destiny to be destroyed in your war, so be it." He finished the conversation by walking away while Wag Too's eyes opened wildly, as if he didn't believe the words that had just escaped his father's lips.

  We decided that we were not leaving them to die, so, we rushed to the opposite entrance to the village, where we placed some pods as a barrier. Rex climbed on top of them and used the binoculars to see how far our enemies were.

"Droids inbound." He said pointing at the horizon. "We've got eight minutes tops."

"Come on guys!" Yelped Anakin. "Let's get these shield generators in place!" We did as he said clicking the buttons in the screen of the shield generators.

"Help me out here Snips." I called her.

"Sure thing Smarty." She answered making me smile as we began to pull some pods to close the entrance.

"Please stop what you're doing." Said Tee Watt Kaa behind us. "Stop building that wall." We did as he said. "I did not ask you to defend us."

"This battle is inevitable." Anakin told him. "You can stand by your beliefs, but let us stand by ours." He added and the Lurmen leader walked away from where we were, annoyed.

"Thank you for what you're trying to do." Said Wag Too once his father was away. "I'm sorry but I cannot help." I finished placing the last pod with Anakin's help as I breathed in, even if we're not using our arms, using the mind is also tiring, I breathed out. I approached the Padawan and healer. "My father is very...strong-willed and set in tradition." He sighed. "Many others agree with me, but we were raised under a very strict code, we must respect it, even if we don't agree."

"Believe me when I tell you Wag Too, we understand, in fact, Jedi are not raised differently than you have, that is why we're not leaving until we make sure that innocent people aren't harmed." I said and he just nodded.

  "Generals." Rex called our attention. "They're holding position." He informed us.

"They're not going to charge us." Anakin said as I approached him.
"Not if they can hit us from long range first." He placed his hands behind his back as I did the same. "If we can withstand that weapon, we'll draw them in." He added with determination looking at Ahsoka who just nodded.

  We saw the projectile being launched at us. "Incoming!" Yelped the Captain as he jumped down from the pods.

"Commander! Sargent! Power the shields now!" I commanded and they did as I said. We heard the boom as the fire line appeared before our eyes. It extended and extended itself towards us with every second, and I was sure that the shields would work but I couldn't avoid the wave of worry from washing over me, everyone was silent as the fire climbed through the shields, making the blue light turn red before my eyes, but seconds later, it defused as if it was a candle and someone blew it in order to turn off. We smiled.

"Now." Anakin said to my right. "They'll have to get their hands dirty and meet us face to face." He added placing his hands on his hips.

  In no time we saw a lot of droids coming our way. "That's a lot of clankers." Said Ahsoka.

"We gotta stop them before they get through that shield." Ani added and we started to walk out of the pod barricade and out of the shield. As soon as we were out, the clones aimed their blasters at the droids and we turned on our lightsabers and as soon as the battle yellowish droids fired their blasters at us, we avoided the blasts and ran towards the Separatist metal soldiers.

  We split, Ahsoka took the right side, Ani maintained himself on the middle and I took the left. I jumped and landed in the middle of five of them, they shot me but I deflected their blasts and returned them, destroying them. I kicked one and surprisingly ripped off its head with my foot as I deflected another blast and cut a droid by the half.

  Soon enough we were done with the first squad, not even sweating.

"That wasn't so tough." Said Ahsoka.

"That was just the first wave." Added Anakin and soon enough, the droids arrived, but this time they were not walking, they were running, being faster. I took the ones on the left flank again, but they were at least two squadrons here and some of them would escape me. "Snips! Get back to the village!" He commanded his Padawan. "We'll take care of the new weapon!"

  We continued to fight, I looked over my shoulder and saw how several droids were reaching the shield. "Can you take care of it?" I asked and he smirked.

"Of course I can." He answered and I smiled at him, so, as I deflected blasts, I made my way back to the village, destroying some droids as I approached.

  Quickly, the enemy droids destroyed the shield generators and the Lurmen began to scream and yell, any Force sensitive was able to sense their fear. Snips and I, alongside Sinker, Wolffe and Rex continued to fight the droids, this time, thin layers of sweat covered our foreheads.

  I spotted how they began shooting the pods that are the houses of the villagers, so I tried to destroy as much droids that were doing that as I could when suddenly, I saw Wag Too, followed by some of his friends, helping us out, tying up ropes around their legs, I smiled when my communicator began to beep.

  "The weapon has been disabled." Said Anakin.

"Copy that General." Said Rex to my right, then, after exchanging looks we continued to fight the droids.

The trap Wag Too did was successful, when we arrived by his side, the droids were already on the ground and Ahsoka ran past them, cutting off heads, arms and blasters. Everyone cheered and applauded the victory over the Separatist Alliance, we smiled at the scene and when Wag Too's eyes met mine, I thanked him making a movement with my head that he returned.

  Afterwards, Anakin returned with the General and Wolffe placed the handcuffs around his wrists behind his back and made him het into the ship we had taken while Rex and Sinker placed in the supplies the Lurmen had given us —such as food and water— in for our way back to Coruscant.

  We approached Wag Too, who still had a proud smile in his features.

"Thank you Wag Too." Said Anakin.

"Thank you." The healer said. "Our village would certainly have been destroyed without your protection." We smiled. "Father." He said and we turned around to face the Lurmen Leader. "I was just offering the Jedi our thanks."

"Perhaps we do owe you thanks." Said Tee Watt Kaa. "But I still wonder, at what cost?"

  Suddenly, the echo of engines called our attention, we looked up and saw three Jedi Cruisers entering the system.

  After a few more word exchange, we hopped on the shuttle and began our way up towards the Republic cruisers. Once there, the prisoner was taken to his cell and I took Anakin to the Medical Bay just to be sure he was fine, and he was, the only thing was that we all were was slightly dehydrated and hungry, so we ate and drank until we felt satisfied as we flew back home.