26: Hangover

Anakin

  The sunlight hit a side of my face and made me wake up, Allana was still beside me, asleep peacefully, I kissed her cheek but then I realised something.

"Mm, Lana?" I said as I opened my eyes and removed my face from the back of her neck, that's when I saw my surroundings better. We were not in the ship, but in a cell?

"What?" She asked turning around to face me, as her eyes adapted to the morning light and scanned the room, she frowned, surprised. I shook my head as she sat down and we looked at the handcuffs around our wrists. "What happened?"

"I don't know." I answered honestly. "I guess that pirate brew is stronger than we thought, even though we only took a sip."

"We were drugged obviously." She told me as her hand found her forehead, indicating a headache. "Why would they risk losing the ransom?" Lans meditated.

"The deal appears to have changed." I answered. "They must be trying to triple their payment."

  "A shrewd observation, young Skywalker." Dooku's voice spoke from the corner.

"Oh great." Allana whispered as she looked over her shoulder.

"I did warn you these pirates were devious, you will notice our shackles are bond together." He spotted and we sighed, annoyed. "I have tried to separate us as you slept so...comfortably, to no avail."

I frowned, he had seen us, great. "It's bad enough we have to be in the same cell." I said standing up, and Allana quickly did the same, placing her hands over my chest, making it unable for me to give a step towards the man and do something that I'd regret. "Could you at least spare me the sound of your constant chatter?" She pushed me backwards gently.

"Ani." She whispered.

"And while I hold my tongue, the two of you will devise a brilliant strategy for getting off this godforsaken planet?" The Count asked.

"Yes." Lans and I answered at the same time, looking around the cell, analysing every corner of it.

"Excellent." He added.

  We searched for anything inside but found nothing, suddenly we tensed, something terrible has happened but our minds were too clouded to figure it out or to try and see it. Allana pulled the cuffs to the to break them or free her hands but it was useless.

"Can't you use your magical key or something?" I asked.

"Don't you think that if I had my magical key I would've already freed us?" She said. "I gave it to R6 to keep the other day." I sighed and we remained silent as we kept on thinking, this seemed to piss off the Count.

"Ah, you fools." Said the Count, complaining. "Move aside." He added as he walked up to where we were and with the Force, he started to move a plate that was outside by a table opposite from our cell.

"Don't you think our priority should be escape first, eat second?" I asked as he pulled the plate filled up with fruit towards us.

"Do control your reckless lover's insolence so I can concentrate." He said, clearly speaking to Lana.

"He's not my lover." She said in a whisper, she hates to say it, as well as me, even if we have to in order to keep our secret life hidden, we both hate to hear it alas well, but that's a price to pay for letting the reckless choice we took to continue untouched, as well as our happiness. The plate clanked and everything was spread on the ground. "Anakin." She called me seconds later as I spotted the knife that was on the plate floating towards us.