37: Liberty

Allana

I woke up with the sunlight. Ryloth has always have a very peaceful sunrise. The birds sing and the people start their day quickly. Plus, I remembered today's a special day: Snips' birthday, I hope to see her soon.

While I was here, I remember listening to women singing as they made their way through the streets of the cities, the children laughed and slowly —but at the same time quickly— the town was awake. Today was not the exception.

When I walked out of the small room Nilim offered me to stay in, the villagers were already awake and started the hard task of rebuilding their homes. My troopers were helping them out and it was a nice thing to see: everyone working together.

I took five minutes to meditate before I helped them out. In within six hours and a half, nearly ten houses were completely rebuilt and things continued smoothly until lunch time, that's when my disk communicator started to beep.

I walked into Nilim's home —that wasn't as destroyed as I thought— and placed it on the ground, as soon as I answered the call, multiple holograms appeared before me: Windu, Yoda, Anakin, Yularen, Senator Free Taa and Chancellor Palpatine. They all greeted me quickly as I placed my hands behind my back and chewed my lip, not really knowing what was going on.

"What's your progress Skywalker?" Palpatine asked.

"My fighters have secured control of the space around Ryloth, we have the Separatist cruisers on the run." I smiled at his success.

"Very good General Skywalker." He nodded and his hologram faded away to be replaced by the system's hologram.

"Master Kenobi has taken the Jixuan desert." Windu informed as he pointed at the area, that was good news. "So the southern hemisphere is ours." That's where I am located right now.

"Then it's almost over." Said Free Taa.

"Not yet." I frowned as my eyes met Windu to my left and a hologram of Lessu —the Capital— appeared in the middle of us all. "The key position is the Capital of Lessu, our spies are certain the Separatist leader Wat Tambor has his command center there."

"When taken the city we have, capture Tambor we must." Said Yoda and I slowly nodded as I crossed my arms over my chest and held my chin in between my fingers as I tried to figure out why am I listening to this meeting.

"I don't think it'll be easy Master, Tambor has chosen his stronghold well. This plasma bridge is the only way in or out." Said bridge was highlighted with red.

"I'm afraid a seize could drag on indefinitely." Said Palpatine.

"My people have suffered so much already." Added Orn Free Taa, he's not wrong, I have seen it.

"A plan you have to take the bridge Master Windu? Hmm?" Master Yoda asked.

"No. Not yet, I've been worried about our forces being stretched so thinly. That's why I contacted Naberrie." Everyone's eyes fell on me and I cut my lip with an accidental bite, the taste of blood filled my mouth as I brought together strategies to formulate a plan. "Her plans seem to be effective most of the time and yesterday she commented she has great contacts in the planet." I nodded.

"I do." And it's not most of the time, it's all the time Master. "Now that I am aware of the situation our forces are facing, the only thing that comes to mind is to enlist the help of the Freedom Fighters, led by an old friend of mine...Cham Syndulla." I clicked a button on the disk and the image of Cham appeared before us too. "It has come to my ears that his fight against the droids has made him a symbol of freedom for the people."