39: Hostage Crisis Pt.2

Allana

We were all at the Lobby, the red lights kept on shining, I was getting more nervous as time went by.

I had Anakin's weapon in my hands, I could take them down easily but I couldn't, not now, not if I wanted to remain undercover and avoid any of the Senators to get hurt. The door opened and revealed the Weequay man that had gone to get Ani alongside an assassin droid, except that the metallic one was no longer by his side.

"What happened?" Asked Bane. "Where's the droid?"

"The droid's gone." He informed. "But there's good news, the Jedi is unarmed." I felt my blood getting cold, this was bad.

"What?"

"It doesn't look like he has his lightsaber." Bane stood there chewing the toothpick.

"Aurra." He said and the tall woman with vibrant green eyes that could look into your ver soul, gave a step forward. "Go. Bring him back to me." I turned to Bail.

"The lightsaber." I whispered. "I've got it."

"What?" He asked and I showed him what I was hiding in the sleeves of my dress. "Why do you have Skywalker's lightsaber?" He raised his voice and I shushed him as I felt as if the golden choker around my neck tightening, I took a deep breath.

"The actual question is if I should try to get it back to Anakin or use it myself." I covered my head as we all heard the blaster being fired at least three times.

"Everybody quiet." Ordered the bounty hunter. "I've got a call to make." He clicked the button in his glove and seconds later the holograms of the Chancellor and Senator Free Taa. "So, here's what you're going to do, first you're going to make a pardon disk, you can give it to your friend here."

"Who me?" Asked the Senator.

"My ship will come and pick him up and take him to the prison, once Ziro has been released and is handed over to me, then your associates will be released." Ziro the Hutt, what would a bounty hunter like Bane want with him? I frowned.

"Oh I do." Said the Chancellor. "But I feel like it is my duty to warn you that you will end up paying for this outrage."

"I can live with that." He finished the transmission and studied every single one of us. About twenty minutes later the doors opened again and revealed the two bounty hunters that had gone after my husband dragging him through the floor, unconscious. I placed my hand over my chest at the sight, his hands were tied up with a pair of handcuffs. "Young Skywalker." He added bending down beside him. "Not so impressive without your lightsaber, are you Jedi?" He stood up. "Toss him up with the others." He ordered. Aurra and the Weequay man held his arms just to throw him closer to where we were, his body fell with a loud thud and I rushed towards him, turning him around.

Bane asked a droid that came with them if they were on schedule and they were arriving at the prison in that precise second.

"Very well." He ended the transmission. "Go and get the...the parting gifts." I frowned and my eyes met Bail's, then, Bane clicked the button on his wrist again. "Well Mister Chancellor, thanks to your calm leadership, the crisis is passed, I got what I want, so, I'll return your Senate and your Senators, enjoy them, but don't try anything until the sun has set, understand?" The once Senator of Naboo nodded and the transmission ended immediately after that. "We need to get to the landing platform, is everything ready?"

"Yep-yep." Said a duck looking, purple guy nodding frenetically as I placed Ani's head gently on my lap.

"Turn on the field." Ordered Bane and Aurra —as well as the rest— started clicking buttons and suddenly, red lasers appeared everywhere, creating a web. "If you so much as breath on one of these lasers, the whole room will blow up. Senators, Jedi, I bid you all a most respectful farewell." He made a head movement holding down the edge of his hat and then walked away. "Let's go."

I looked at Ani's features and placed my hands gently on his cheeks.

"Please Ani." I whispered. "Wake up." He didn't do anything. "Wake up." I repeated a little louder and saw his eyelids slowly opening, revealing his blue eyes, I breathed out in relief as his eyes adapted and locked with mine, he smiled weakly.

"Why are you looking so sad about?" He asked and I smiled as he directed his hand to my cheek but I grabbed it before he could do anything, hoping for the people around us not to notice as he smiled back.

"The bounty hunter said that we should just sit here." Said Onaconda Farr as Anakin sat up, then, he extended his hands and I took them, pulling him up and we both stood up "I think we should just sit here."

"Well." Said Skywalker. "That's not a very good idea, ugh, too bad I don't have my lightsaber." That was my cue.

"You mean this?" I asked adopting Padmé's tone of voice again, offering the weapon to him. "I found it where you dropped it." He smiled and I turned it on and used it to free him from the handcuffs.

"Now." He said as I handed the lightsaber. "We don't have much time." He said facing the Senators as he stuck the blue light into the ground, then, he began to run around us, making a circle, I smiled until I heard a high-pitch buzzing, that's when Anakin completed the circle and we fell as the explosion echoed above us.

We hit the ground with a thud, I rolled over the circle that had been cut and was laying on the ground. Coughs, groans and grunts could be heard as everyone got up, I placed a hand over my head when I felt stunned by the impact, that's when Anakin extended his hand, I took it and he helped me get up.

"Another daring rescue Master Jedi." He smiled.

"I do my best Senator." He made a short head bow and I smiled.

After we got out of the place and the session before the rest of the Senate was postponed, I was relieved because of that.

[...]

We made our way to our apartment, separately of course. Once there, we got changed into out pyjamas and went to bed to restore our energy that we'd surely need tomorrow.

"You know?" He called my attention as I placed the sheets over my body, his back resting against the headboard.

"What?" I asked looking at him.

"Blue suits you." He smiled and I smiled back.

"Maybe, but I like violet better." He chuckled.

"Yeah I bet, but, if you ever lose the lightsaber you have now, get a blue crystal." I giggled as I leaned over to kiss him, he smiled into the kiss, rubbing my cheek with his thumb, I pulled away. "What?"
He asked as I stood up from the bed and made my way to the drawer. I grabbed my lightsaber, then, I approached him, he smiled as I sat on his lap, his hands on my hips.

"You already know, but now...it is official." I extended the curved weapon, he took it into his robotic hand, his smile growing bigger letting me see his dimples. "My life is yours Anakin." His blue eyes looked at me. "I love you." I added as I let my hands travel through his naked torso all the way up to his shoulders, I smiled as I moved few inches closer to him until I made our foreheads touch gently.

"I know." He placed the handle of my lightsaber on the bedside table carefully and kissed me again.

The kiss was tender, soft, passionate, like only he could make it. He rolled overplaying me underneath him, from there, things escalated more and more until we became one, with the necessary protection for not being more than two later on.

Every action was sweet, the three words would escape our lips until we reached the highest star and returned to rest, embracing each other as the moonlight and the lights of the ships illuminated the dark room, letting us calm down until we finally gave in to the tiredness.