21: Magnets for Problems

Allana

"We have to assume that R2 was destroyed in the explosion that claimed your ship." Obi-Wan said, his hands on his hips as he looked directly at Anakin, whose eyes were glued to his hands.

"Yes Master." Said Skywalker.

"Our intelligence has confirmed that Grievous' spies have been intercepting our transmissions."

"He must have some sort of secret listening post out there somewhere." Ahsoka commented to my right.

"That would explain how he's been able to ambush our fleets." I added.

"Split your Squadrons, both of you, find that base and destroy it."

"It is good as done Master Kenobi." Snips told Obi-Wan with a smile.

"May the Force be with you." He said and his hologram disappeared.

Then Anakin left the room quietly, directing himself to the bridge.

"He really cares about R2 doesn't he?" Ahsoka asked me.

"Yeah he does." I answered. "Can you do me a favor kid?"

"Anything Master."

"Get his ship ready, I'll go talk to him."

"Sure thing." She said as we walked out of the briefing room. "See you in the hangar Lans."

"See you there 'soka." I said and the doors of the elevator closed as soon as Snips clicked a button.

Anakin turned around to face me, he didn't reflect any emotion but worry and sadness, he was truly hopeful to find R2. I made a movement with my head and asked him to follow me to the elevator to go to the hangar, he sighed quietly and walked up to me as I clicked the button.

When the doors opened we walked in, without even saying a word, as soon as the doors closed I held his hand and he intertwined our fingers. "I could swear, he was really there." He said.

"I know." I turned around and faced him, pulling him close and gently placed my hand on his cheek as he placed our foreheads together, his hands around my waist and my free hand against the cold armour on his chest. "We'll find him, you'll see." I said and he smiled sadly, he placed his hand over mine and kissed my knuckles, making me smile, then, when he let go of my hands slowly, the doors opened and we walked out.

"Wanna come with me?" He asked.

"Absolutely, but...where?"

"You'll see where exactly in a moment." I smiled, always keeping the last details as a surprise, I never know what to expect with him anymore.

We spotted Ahsoka, Rex and R3 beside Anakin's new ship. The fighter was pretty much the same, yellow and grey with the Republic symbol on a side, right next to mine, where R6 was patiently waiting for me.

"We'll sweep the outer corridor while the rest of your ships focus on the center." He said as soon as we arrived by their side.

"Are you sure you want to go it alone?" Rex asked us.

"I'm sure sure." Ani answered. "Besides, I won't be actually alone."
He added and I nodded not understanding completely what they had talked about this. "Two fighters will draw too much the attention already." He completed.

"Yes Generals." Said the Captain before walking away.

"Master." Ahsoka called Anakin's attention. "You'll need a droid to help you navigate."