41: Playing with Fate

Anakin

"Bane's not on Coruscant." Obi-Wan's hologram said, Lana was standing beside him.

"He vanished, like a damned ghost." My wife said crossing her arms.

"Do you think you can get to us? If he's out there we'd probably need help." I lied, just giving excuses.

"I can go if that's okay." Allana said looking at my Master, who she was going to be working with.

"Fine by me." He said and she nodded. "But when I call you, get in the ship and come at once."

"Roger that Master, do you need me to bring more troops?" She asked me.

"No, the Legion's here, I'll send you the coordinates." She nodded and disappeared, Obi-Wan was still there.

"How are things going on now?" He asked.

"We've just jumped out of Hyperspace. I'm going to cut off the escape, gotta go."

"Be careful."

"I always am Master." He rolled his eyes and ended the transmission. "Rex." I called my loyal friend.

"Yes General?" He said behind me.

"Send Allana our coordinates, she'll come to help us." 

"Right away sir."

"General." Admiral Yularen called my attention. "We're receiving an urgent transmission from the planet." I frowned and made my way towards the briefing room, where the hologram of a trooper was already there. He was firing against the enemy.

"General Skywalker." He said with some difficulty. "Our base has been overrun, there's no possibility of an evacuation." He got shot on the shoulder. "Agh!" I frowned again. "They've taken General Ropal and the Holocron memory Crystal." He struggled with a droid but managed to push him away and shot it.

"Do you know where they've taken him?" I asked.

"Sorry sir, we tried to stop them but they left the outpost." He screamed as a droid came from behind and snapped his neck, the communication ended afterwards, I closed my eyes.

"There's too much interference." Said the trooper that's seating in front of me. "Transmitter has been destroyed at the source sir." He added looking at me.

"We have to find what ship Master Ropal is on." I ordered and everyone nodded, then, we all walked out and stood by the windows of the bridge.

"General." Said Yularen again after a while. "A Separatist command ship is fleeing away from battle." Ahsoka arrived by our side.

"You think they have Master Ropal on board as a prisoner?" She asked.

"I'm sure of it." I said looking at her. "Admiral." I added directing my eyes to the man that's to my right. "Intercept them before they can jump into Hyperspace." I sensed her close.

"A ship has jumped out of Hyperspace, it's Naberrie's fighter." I smiled.

"Great, open the gate for her to board, I'll ready the troops for boarding."

"Boarding? We have no boarding craft, we were prepared to land on the planet, not to board another ship, you can't be serious."

"I am Admiral, thank you for your opinion. Now, target their hyperdirve, we don't want them getting away. Snips, let's go to receive Smarty."

"Yes Master." She had a smile on her features, they haven't been on a mission together on a while as well and they've become really good friends, I am happy about that.